translate

Wednesday 21 December 2016

CHATTER BOX BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. I hope I find you well? After our interesting lunch, today, where there was one vegetarian option on the menu but when I asked if there was anything else, I was told yes, one more option, I thought. Why not have that on the menu as well? To beef it up a bit? Or Quorn it up a bit, right?
Hub asked for the cheese board for dessert and was asked if he would like three cheeses or six, he replied three and got… … Four! But we had a laugh. I rustled up teen a dinner tonight and now he is in the town he isn’t working tomorrow, so I do wonder if he will be late home?

Hub has been in the loft to get a case out to put our friends presents in for delivery tomorrow. It will be so lovely to see them. I’m sure Waggatail will have a ball. Well, not literally, but she loves to see people and they love her. The Little Fella is still recovering. He is very quiet, but is happy and enjoying this blooming food. He is on from the vet. We can’t get him away from his dish, no matter if it’s all gone or not.

What with his tablets, creams and special diet, it’s like a vet’s surgery in here and as for his new food, he will be wanting to be ill more often, mind you, I don’t want another week like that?

Tonight, I tried to groom LF, but seriously I can’t. I’m so afraid to hurt him. He is still like a patch work quilt bless his paws. He is still skinny but is getting better and filling out more. Tomorrow is his last day for his special food God help us after that? I just hope he will go back to eating his normal dog biscuits. He has stopped coughing now, when he first came from the vets, he was coughing as his throat was hurting him. Poor baby. I’m so relieved he is OK. Hub is taking him to our local vet on Friday to get him weighed. Let’s hope he has put quite a bit of weight back on?

As the night at the moment is still, the air is full of the smell of coco
From our local chocolate factory. The other day we were in our polluted city and we could smell the wonderful fragrance. Tonight, it is so strong. I love it. You want to eat the air. I imagine the stars to be out tonight, a clear sky, I dream of looking up to the sky and seeing the stars for the first time in my life. Even when I had my sight, limited, I never have been able to see a star.

Our what is normally a quiet avenue of all sorts, has the season of good will visitors coming and going. It’s lovely to hear people’s car doors opening and closing, I wonder how many only pay a annual visit though?

Today when my Sister in Law came, she turned my cards the right way. Most of them I did Okay, but some cards now days are A, so thin they don’t even stand up and B, the front feels the same as the back. I remember when I was young, the cards were all standard. If you held it in front of you, the front where the picture was, was always less than the back so it would have been easy, but now it’s not like that. The only thing that has stayed the same, are clothes. On tops jumpers, etc., where there may not be a label at the back, the washing instructions/label is always on the left of your clothing at the bottom. Let’s hope in five years’ time I’m not writing about those labels being right, back and front?

Yesterday Hub and I spent time wrapping our presents to and from each other. We do laugh every year as because we both can’t see, neither of us knows what the other is wrapping so unless something rattles, and gives us a clue, we can do all our Christmas gift wrapping to each other in the same room.

How many times can we lose the sticky tape? As for my scissors, well, how can I lose those? We have looked all over and I cannot find them. We wrap in our bed room and keep everything on our drawers. The tape has dropped off the drawers so many times and rolled across the floor. Both of us stand so still. Saying nothing just listening for where it comes to an ending of rolling then makes a gentle thudding sound on the carpet then quickly follow the sound and bingo, we find it, but the scissors, is a mystery.
I hope they are not in our bed? Hahaha.

Just Hubs Dads gifts now. They are wrapped but we won’t see him until after Christmas and he is coming through to see us. I think he is going to my Brother in laws for lunch on the big day.

Christmas has come around far too fast this year. Hub has just bought teen another gift. On line, of course. He has spoiled him as he does every year.


Our dogs have a few gifts now, my friend Artie bless her has bought them something very interesting. I can feel it through the paper, and think it is a toy, but will have to wait. We have bought them a few toys and some treats too. Must remember to wrap them up but be blooming careful LF doesn’t eat the paper. Smile. Once again, please watch your dog doesn’t eat the tinsel on your tree or the chocolates hanging from it and be careful of them getting chicken bones etc. Our poor LF has been so ill and we almost lost him. I do feel bad because the people he was staying with lost a what I’m sure was a lovely cushion before LF got his chops around it. And it was that what made him so very ill.

Talking of ill, it’s in the news today that
14 million Russians now drink alcoholic substances opposed to actual alcohol. Today it’s reported that over 60 people have been poisoned by drinking bath lotion. Vending machines are selling bath lotion,
why?


In the past three years in the UK Sherry sales have dropped by 50% I wonder why? I guess because not only has it gone up so much in money, but it’s considered an older person’s drink. The only time my Mum used to have alcohol in the house was Christmas and it was always sherry.

OK best go for now as a busy day tomorrow. Catching a train early and a late return. I’m sure I will have loads of adventures to tell you about when I get back. In the meanwhile, some words.
“Life is the biggest bargain. We get it for nothing. Jewish Proverb.

Just remember if the world didn’t suck, we’d all fall off. Smile.
Trevor Myers.

Sweet dreams and be grateful you are warm, safe and alive. One good thing about sleep is you may have a beautiful dream and be able to do something in your dream that you are unable to do in real life.
Fiona Cummings

No comments: