translate

Wednesday 7 December 2016

DRUMROLL AND LAUGHTER BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Today another DIY, well, not really, DIY do it yourself? Half and half. My sweet joiner came to fit our two doors. They are pine but I’m going to get them stained mid oak. I have chrome handles on them. They are lovely doors. My joiner came about ten this morning and didn’t leave until almost five. So a long day for me and Waggatail. Our front door was open all of the time. It’s not been too cold outside, but it’s not been too warm inside either…

He is a really genuine man. At last I have my doors hung. No more Wagging one walking through the unopened door, crashing her head ramming it open, well if she does that tonight, she will end up with a migraine. I wonder how many times it will take her to realise that it isn’t going to open?

In a mo jo, I’m going live to see what our stats are. I’m so excited, yesterday we were six hundred off making it to the big one six zero, but you have been caring and sharing. My poem on losing your sight has gone viral. And today my blog one of my Bloggets asked me to write about about being alone at Christmas, has been shared as well. I really hope that someone somewhere thinks about someone they don’t see much in their community and perhaps will send them a card or knock on their door to see how they are? Just don’t get arrested. Haha. Don’t go around after dark. Gosh once there was a man who just thought it would be OK to walk into my kitchen? As I heard the door handle I went to it and just as I approached the door, it flung open. I put my hand out, putting my foot behind the door so it couldn’t open further and his bucket swung against my hand. It was one of those builder’s buckets like paper.

I asked him what he wanted? He said water. I shouted at him saying that, one, he wasn’t working on my house, two to get water from where ever he was working and three he should knock first before coming through to someone’s house? I don’t know why I have such a problem with people ringing my door bell or even knocking, by the way, he had one foot into my kitchen, but there was a door bell on the back door too.

Well, I locked the door and called the police. Long and short of it, they said he was innocent. Really? Not as far as I was concerned.

A friend reminded me yesterday about a story when I was a child. About 12. I was playing out with friends and needed a glass of water. I ran into the house right through and into our kitchen. I had sight, but was partially sighted…
Since when did my Mum have wood floors?
Not three hours previous, that was for sure.
Heck. I was in the wrong house?

Where I used to live, no one locked their doors. Even when I was first married, no need. Was that because people were not so bad in those days? Or we in the North East were unaware of such crime. Things like that only happened in the south.

Well, evidently, unless you are a builder. Then you obviously have free pass to pass and go. Haha.
Or a Fifi and just run into people’s kitchens? As I realised what I had done, I froze. Knowing that I had been spotted. No escape. As I calmly on the exterior started to walk out of the house, passing the lounge whereby there were three faces staring at me, I came out the same way I went in. Only ever so slightly slower. Equally as red, before with exertion, afterwards with shame.

I have also told you about when coming from college to meet a boyfriend when I was 16, it was raining, I saw his car parked up for me. Got in the passenger seat, planted a kiss on his unusually prickly face to see his huge astonished brown peepers staring at me!
My boyfriend’s eyes were blue.
Oops.

And to make it worse I did the same with him as I did with the neighbours in our estate as a child. I didn’t hang about to explain myself.

Wearing dead trendy, honest, white stiletto’s, again coming from our local college where I used to study Russian and translate into English for my tutor, I was so keen to get off the bus, I did, and it was my stop, always a miracle, only one of my feet, was a little drafty.

As the bus pulled away, what can I say?
My shoe? Well, would someone carry it off at the next stop? Moreover, it was a long walk home…

It was that moment I kind of wished that A, my shoes were black so they could not stand out so much, and B, they weren’t so heigh. Now days, I would remove the other shoe, so may have cut my feet, stood in something awful with two feet rather than one, but back then, I didn’t have the years of knowledge and yours truly went up four inches, and down again.
Up and down, all the way home…

I think the terminology to use according to my Son would be. “Tool” Yep, I looked a right tool. I said some days ago, I could never be cool…

I think the worst one was when I was with my ex… In a clothes shop. Well, there was a coat. It was truly bloody awful. A real nannary kind of coat.

Tweedy, and the tweed had gone wrong. It was all bitty.
I didn’t just feel it on the rack and jog on, I tried to pull it off its hanger and tell my ex how gross it was and why would anyone want to wear it? Who on earth would? What kind of people would wear it? It belonged in the forgotten pile at the back of a charity shop.

Okay, so my ex was nudging me.
And your point is?

The coat began to talk. There was a person inside of it.
A kind of human person thing.
Wearing her coat.
Oh!
Heck!

Oh seriously, there is a list a mile long, I really could go on. And I can guarantee there are much worse situations.

For my Bloggets who are partially sighted, you right now are learning how to embarrass yourself. Just give it time and perfect it.

OK here we go… Live I’m going on my IPhone as I can’t check stats now through the lap top.
Drum roll?
DumDrmDerr’rr’rr
OK, that was a failed sound effect of a drum roll
But you haven’t failed me. Stats show that we now have a ginormous 160,104 views. Gosh wow, double wow. How did this happen? From my ten friends who I thought would read until they got bored, to this? Incredible.

Thank you for your shares, your contribution in sending me poems and your stories as well as asking what you would like me to write about

I’m buzzing. But it’s the blanket show. Almost midnight. Giggles coming from the den of the Teen with Shamrock being on top form. She had me in stitches before. She is so funny. So jolly. And very dry. I’m super proud of her as she has just landed herself a great new job. So she hands her notice in on Monday for her other place.

So tomorrow they are off to a very large shopping centre. An hour and a half drive… Each way. We have thousands of shops here, but no, it has to be on the other side of the green grass. Smile.

Off to turn off all the lights. That’s always fun.
Not.
Nighty nighty Bloggets. With love and again, thank you.

No comments: