translate

Thursday 15 December 2016

DEAR ANGELS BY FIONA CUMMINGS

DEAR ANGELS
BY FIONA CUMMINGS
Is this a busy time for angels?
I mean Christmas time
Because lots of people praying
To show them actions kind
Do the angels struggle to fly
Through snow filled clouds in the sky
Beating blizzards hit against their faces
As their trying to get to much needed places
Is there a gap in your heart?
Where once was filled with love
Are you asking the angels from high above
To replace that warmth again
Are you in so much pain
Have you been given devastating news?
Have all your colours turned to blues
In the cupboard are your dancing shoes
And finest clothes forgot about
Are the angels listening to you?
Do you feel you have to shout?
Is there no one near to say I love you?
Are you feeling left out?
Where are the angels who seem to be there in summer?
Your storms full of thunder
And there is no one answering your prayers
You’re going under
When will you stop falling?
Who will be there to catch you
Save you, help you
Where are your angels who hear your words so true?
Wrap their wings around you
And fill your mind with positivity
Giving back some kind of quality
Why are they not answering?
Are they really busy?
In the distance the church bells are ringing
The choirs are singing
Are they playing harps to their song?
How long must your pain go on?
Until Christmas is over?
What to hope for next?
A four leaf clover?
Faith, do I have any left?
Hope, if I do will I regret?
Love, I have plenty of that to give
Luck, all I ask for is to live
A life without constant worry
My heart beat in such a hurry
Where are those angels
Are they sitting with your loved ones?
Through their hard times
I wish there were more of them
So, they could fly near us all the time

© Fiona Cummings 2016

No comments: