translate

Monday 12 December 2016

DIARY OF MONDAYS NEWS AND CHAT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Gosh I fell asleep when Hub left the bedroom at quarter to seven. I was out for the count as we say and didn’t hear him even closing the front door as he left for work.

Then suddenly I woke exactly at eight why? Well someone was at the door? But then I didn’t hear anything else as I frantically got ready washing my face I’m thinking well; our post isn’t going to wait until I wash myself? What was I thinking? See, I have a delivery from a week ago, that I missed and we had to re order. I missed it because I dared to go out one afternoon. I also have my joiner coming back because he forgot my wood for the kitchen where it had broken so bless him he is coming all the way to replace that. Not sure how much he will charge but he won’t be the same as our painter who won’t quotes, leave the house for less than £25 per hour. After he charged me what he did last week he can go and stick his brushes in somewhere other than the paint pot.

Well no card from our post man through the front door though they may be a parcel on the drive somewhere, they don’t always leave cards, though they are meant to.

Talking of cards, gosh I think we got the smallest card in history yesterday. Good job they didn’t want to post it, as they would struggle getting a stamp on it let alone write an address? It was smaller than a gift label. I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it?

Teen working from nine today. And Arty is coming this afternoon. Lots of catching up to do, as I haven’t seen her in a few months. She only has a few days to go until she flies off to the Caribbean for her Christmas.

Hub is on office out of hours’ duty all this week so we won’t be going anywhere for the next seven nights and two days at the weekend. He has to have his phone and lap top at hand. It’s where by the whole of the country can call when the offices across England are closed, so kind of an emergency support line.

I watched our Ex Factor last night, for those who are not aware of the competition, it’s a singing competition. Weeks ago, I predicted the top two and I was correct. I just wish I was as good with the Lottery?

In the end, my boy won. Oh, I was delighted. Not only because talent won, but he is such a beautiful young man in his nature, I would be so proud if he were my Son. He is a cross between Will Young and George Michael with what could be a Greek twist. Interested? Check him out.
Matt Terry singing a great Christmas song written by our very own home grown Ed Sheeran.
http://www.itv.com/xfactor/news/download-matt-terrys-winners-single


I hope that link worked if not I’m sure you will hear from him as I expect he will be world famous in a couple of years.

My Waggatail is snoring her head off. Lucky girl. My joiner is late. I bet he has forgot? I know he will come at some point though.

So, what is in our news today?
Firstly, it makes me sick that we have to have armed police on our streets, but secondly, I get irate when a Mother complains that her child was left sobbing as the little one was disturbed and afraid by the security we have to have now. How would she feel if there was someone suspicious shot down before her, just as they were about to commit a terrorist a fence? Sadly, it is the world we live in. I also wonder if she will ever buy her Son a gun or anything to do with army toys? Will she do her best to stop her little lad from playing gun games? Don’t get me wrong I am totally anti guns. I hate them I am afraid of them but I also know we live in a different world now. I just don’t want to see us going the same way as our Cousins across the pond have gone with sometimes what I think are gun happy cops. I mean the report I was reading said that the Police with guns would also deter shop lifters too? Why? Are the Police going to shoot them? I hope not. That is what I mean by going too far. The incident took part in my home town of Newcastle.

In America, a disc like object has been seen flying across the moon. There is a lot of alien/UFO activity going on of late. In New Zealand, a mysterious object has been washed up on Muriwai beach. Covered in barnacles!

This is the ridiculous story of the day. In London, just to remind travellers on trains to book a head for Christmas, guess what they have done? Got some reindeer to stand at the station….
Hahahha. I may be the only one but I just thought that was such a silly link. Okay, to have them because it’s Christmas, but not to remind passengers it’s Christmas? I think they may know that? Science are saying sadly I presume, that reindeer are getting smaller. I don’t know why this is, do you?

Lonely women who are survivers of breast cancer, are 60 per cent likely to die from a recurrence of the disease than those more socially active.

A new cell implant is talked about to replace the daily jabs if you are a diabetic.

OK, scary story coming up, this is so sad. A soldier also a dog lover, who has seven dogs. Was in a coma for six weeks and spent five months in hospital after catching a rare infection caused by a dog licking one of his scratches. The man had double organ failure caused by a bacteria capnocytophaga a bug found in the dog’s mouth.

This shows what our world is becoming. A nurse with fifteen years’ experience has been fired after she offered to pray for patients. Oh, my goodness. That is so ridiculous.

Oh, one thing I forgot to tell you the other night, when we went to the pantomime, it was Cinderella who in the story has to fit a glass slipper to prove she is the one to go to the ball? Well outside the window of the restaurant in the street, there was a beautiful ice sculpture of a glass slipper. How special is that?

It’s really cold today but sunny. I’m so tired today I just can’t wake up? I have tidied up and had breakfast. Just waiting again. Doesn’t look like my lovely joiner is going to turn up.

Something before I go.
I was reading to get your house smell of Christmas, put some pine needles and some cinnamon sticks in a pan of water and gently simmer whilst you have guests. I have never tried this, but it’s written that takes your house smell lovely. I buy the cinnamon oil and pour it over pine cones. I also love orange oil and stupidly bought a new brand this year which is rubbish. But normally it’s lovely. I put it on my old tree five years ago, and even with moving, and the tree in a bag in the loft, each year the tree smells of the years before oil treatment.

Must dash now, and do something or I am going to fall asleep. Take care. X



No comments: