translate

Sunday 11 December 2016

DIARY OF THE PANTOMIME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. I hope you have all had a lovely weekend? Yesterday Hub and I spent most of the day sorting out the outside lights, after our nutcracker went to the bin in the sky, I felt outside looked rather bare so we brought out our lights from last year. So Fifi wins, the tac has gone, well we still have the light up Christmas stocking but now we have our star and bels that are basically lights as well. I put on some Christmas music and began to get ready to go out, after a shower I straitened my hair put in my earrings and put on my makeup. Everything going well, quite funny as there were sounds of sleigh bells ringing in the background of songs and where ever teen went he had his IPhone in his hand with his awful, well let’s say not so Christmassy music playing.

I put on my new jacket I ordered on line, a black suede jacket.
Only it wasn’t black. Teen said. Mum that’s a nice colour? I thought, really, black? So I said Son, it’s black, he replied.
“No mum it’s purple.”
Oh no, it said even on my order it was blooming black. I would have died if I had gone out in a purple jacket with what I had on.

Teen drove the four of us to the town, we went to our theatre and had a delicious meal. It took just over thirty minutes to drive there and Teen went to find a car parking space. I must say it was easier than I thought. We then went for a meal.

I had no real expectations of the eatery. During the day, it is a café. By night a restaurant.
Oh, my goodness, it was the most delicious food I have had in years. The kids had soup for starters that did make me laugh when they asked what was the soup of the day?
Answer?
(Vegetable and pea)
Hahhahaha. Are peas not vegetables?

Hub had something disgusting. Black pudding, gross, it’s pigs blood. Absolutely no need. With fried egg and potatoes, a very odd starter more like a main course?

I had the best starter.
Something I never would have ordered as it doesn’t appeal but there wasn’t a huge choice on the menu. It was pate. Mushroom with a stunning kind of grated cheese on the top and a homemade chutney with cranberry’s. It was the flavour, seriously it was amazing.
The kids had Chicken and belly pork for their main meal and Hub had crab risotto, as for me, the only vegetarian option again that was something rather odd. Bread and butter pudding, with roasted veg buried inside with hot brazil nuts on the top. Gosh it was really gorgeous. Afterwards the children, teens, had sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and Hub and I had a cheese plate and the cheese was so thick and huge with cranberries massive sweet grapes and oat cakes like I have never tasted before. Wow, double wow, it was so tasty the whole meal we all had chips as well for sides they were so nice.

Then it was time to go into the hall where the pantomime was about to start. I was so excited. I love to hear people around me and work out who they are with, imagine what their jobs are and wonder why they would wear such perfumes?

The show began. I was shocked how there were few children there. Pantomime was based on children’s entertainment some years ago, times have changed. No way kids could have sat through three hours. I haven’t been to a pantomime as long as that before. There were a lot of blank moments where Hub and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. Teen tried to tell me bless, but I didn’t like to spoil his night by him having to constantly explain.
We laughed and joined in with all the audience participation that we are all required to shout out and sing along to.

In the interval, we were gifted with a lovely drink from the teens and continued to enjoy the rest of the performance.

Back home the house was cosy and we all had a cupper then time for bed. It was such a beautiful night. All of us including our Son had a great evening he is so serious I was just pleased he let his hair down that night. Ten out of ten and a memory forever with people I love! X

No comments: