translate

Thursday 8 December 2016

DIARY OF ANGER IN THE RAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. It’s almost three in the afternoon and I’m sitting in our lounge. Loads to chat about so are you sitting comfortably?

Well I had to be up quite early I get woken by Hub about silly hour every morning because of two reasons. One he is up for work sometimes as early as quarter to six but on average it’s about quarter to seven. His space like sounding alarm wakes him up to tell him the little green men are on their way. Haha.

Then we have shower gate, then electric toothbrush gate then today he plugged in his shaver and the noise of that? More so when he puts it in his shaving station… Not to change the oil and put air in the tires, but it’s a base where it washes the shaver. Oh the noise of that? Then we have hyper gate. He is so blooming jolly in the mornings. Now most times it’s me who is the jolly one and Hub the sensible school teacher like person. Apart from our occasional mad moments. Except in the mornings. Night time I’m awake when he is trying to sleep I don’t get to sleep until sometimes the birds are brushing their teeth!
So I’m not all singing and all dancing in the morning.

My painter was due. He came. Well last night he told me the shocker that he was going to charge £50 to varnish two doors for me. I was shocked. He charges £120 for a full day. His full days are six and a half hours and one hour is spent going places. So, was it going to take him three hours to do my work? No, he said no more than an hour. Well he came he was here exactly one hour and 36 minutes. I only had £60 and I asked him if he had change? He said no, but it was more than £60.
I gasped and asked him what he meant? He told me it was £50 plus his paint. His paint was £18 so he wanted £68. I said he told me £50 and I got sixty out the bank yesterday and he hasn’t done two hours. He said call it £70 then. I asked him for the tin. Mainly so I know what colour to get myself next time. Though it’s a real nightmare to get to, I would get there because he gets a discount, I doubt it would be that much but I may be wrong. I asked him what colour stain he would say the other doors were? He didn’t have a clue, it was only because I remembered the name we got the right colour. But if I have a can I won’t forget.
He said. Yes, I will get it from the van.
So not only his charges went up overnight, but he was going to take the paint too.

It is the smallest tin not much bigger than a can of beans.

Also, what makes me mad, he had his stuff out brush paint, I said that around the handles of our kitchen door needed a touch up. I can’t see or feel it, but Hub said he can feel it needs re doing.

“Tell you what Fiona, seams that I am here with my tools I will just do it for you, that would only take ten minutes’ max?””
Sorry, I fell asleep and had a bit of a dream there, or was it a nightmare?
He actually said.
“I can come and do that for you next week and just charge £25
I asked why one hour’s work? He replied it wouldn’t be worth him coming out of the house for less.

He was here, it was one door. Just around the handles. Gurr’rr’rr’rr

Well, he has painted my old house and this one and he won’t be painting anymore. I’m really putting my foot down now when it comes to Tradesmen. Everyone becomes so complacent. Our hair dressers started to butcher Hubs hair. He pays over forty pounds for his hair cut. I said to Hub he should tell him. Hub said no. Well, I can’t keep my mouth shut. So, I told him.
People are great then they think you won’t ever be so unfaithful and you would go always to them. So this time to wake him up, I booked Hub in with another hair dressers in the same shop, and his hair is beautiful.

Our joiner did a great job of the doors. Our house smells lovely. A mixture of paint plaster and wood.

I can hear the parrot from across the road. Where my friend lives in London, she gets parakeets in her grounds. How lovely? We just have one in a neighbours house. Haha.

There is always a busy build up to Christmas in our avenue of alsorts. Cars pulling in and out to visit family and friends.

Oh, Teen has gone miles and miles away to do Christmas shopping. It would have been faster to go to Germany to a lovely Christmas market.

Shamrock walked in today as Teen was in the shower. What a sight? I just got up in time from under the tree, where I was trying to retrieve a dog toy.
As you do…

Not a pretty sight for the lass to see a sprawled Fifi.

She is such a laugh. And everything is miniature. She is absolutely tiny. And teen is so lovely and tall. He is six foot four now and bless her, if she is quite five feet, I would be surprised. My friend met her last week for the first time and said she loves her. Shamrock certainly has found her way into our lives. I’m really looking forward to Saturday, we are off out for what I hope will be a lovely family day.

Whilst my painnn’nn’nnt, sorry, ex painter, haha. Was here this morning. I was talking with my friend I used to go to school with. Oh gosh we both laughed so hard. There were tears coming down my face. Her and I share a very similar sense of humour. It was therapy for us both.

Oh you would laugh. I put food out for my birds, well, there not exactly my, birds, there yours too if you want them?
Well Waggatail learned that if she shakes the bird table, food comes off it.
Supper for Wagga.
So today I let her out and walked to the dog run with her, but of course I don’t put her on a lead as she is in a fenced garden.
I told her to do her thing…. Walked back towards the house as it was raining and shouted for her.

I stood outside in the rain, I was getting more cross. No way she was coming in.
Clapping my hands trying to encourage her.
I was so cross so went over to the bird station shouting her name and telling her she was naughty.
Bending over clapping again like a performing seal, trying to catch her. As she scoffs my bird food, but I couldn’t find her. Right. I will go in and close the door. Then she will come running?
I was soaked by this point.
I opened the door and stood waiting to hear her bells, thinking she is wet through and my walls have been painted and I didn’t want her laying in a wet body…
Well, I heard her bells.
She’d never blooming gone out? Hahahahaha. She hates the rain. I turned around and she was sitting there. I put out my hands and her little face was like saying. “Mummy, you were calling me and I couldn’t get out to come to you?””
Either that or
“You stupid human, do you know what you looked like out there?””

OK will have to think what is for dinner. I really really cannot be bothered to cook.
Again.
At least teen and shamrock will be out so won’t need to feed them and of course hub is coming home without the Little Fella.
He is away tonight and won’t be home until tomorrow. Hmm.
God help us with Wagga as she pines for him when he isn’t here.

Later gators. X

No comments: