translate

Saturday 17 December 2016

EVENING DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

One of my dearest Bloggets who has now become a very good friend of mine, a confidant and someone who I have total admiration for wrote some words I would love to share with you in a mo jo. Each time she takes moments from her life to write to me by email, is a light that goes on in my heart and mind. She is so eloquent, incredibly intelligent and I’m really starving for her words. Her writing is poetry for me and like creamy silky milk dark chocolate. See, what I was writing about in an earlier blog, words, writing isn’t just that to me it’s a way of life that is wonderful reflections of memories and hope for our future.

Only one week to Christmas, and then we all start the new year with so many hopes, dreams and good intentions. The world has seen so much destruction and suffering this past year. Please let 2017 bring peace and stability.

The expectation of happy families all spending the time together with tables groaning with food and good will to all men, is nowadays only for a relatively small percentage of privileged families. So many families are saddened by distance either emotional or geographic. Many feel their loneliness, hunger or suffering even more acutely at this time of the year while they can only be observers of the glut and glitter of the commercial festivities.

Christmas this year has come too fast. In fact, it does each year. One week. Gosh, and I still have two gifts to buy. We gave a gift today to a friend of Hubs. Little monkey opened it when he got home. I wanted to let him have something for Christmas day as he has a girlfriend, but don’t think he gets anything from any of his family. So, he texts to thank us. If I had known that, I would have saved his posh bag I put his gifts in. hahaha. My closest will know what I’m like for recycling bags. This one was cool, it had moving parts. Only thing is, not sure if it was Santa’s bus, as if he has one, or a reindeer. As both I sent for had moving parts and neither we could tell what they were by the feel. Next year he will get his gifts in fish & chip paper. Haha. Joking… That would be greasy.. Bubble wrap…

Right now, we have so many gifts to hand out that I don’t know if I’m Arthur or Martha. My left arm from my right. I only hope I can remember who’s was who’s.

Teen hasn’t got much to open this year, but in money has a lot. Just his things cost a lot but look quite sparse. Hub and I decided not to go crazy this year. I hope he has stood to that promise?
I have. Hahaha

Teen is in Newcastle safe and sound. So, I can sleep now. Just will wait for his return tomorrow. Then when our little family are together, Christmas can begin. I am shocked at just how many people are just the two this year. Or even on their own. I don’t like that. Hubs Dad will be on his own. It’s awful may still try to get him to come here for Christmas. I just hate the thought of him alone, mind you, he does have friends, so he won’t be really alone, just in his house on his own. I think we will see my brother in law soon and my brother and Sister in law coming in a couple of days. Gosh reminds me where to go to eat? I must book somewhere. It’s difficult as we don’t know anywhere. We don’t eat out much and when we do, it’s normally the same place. A place we can get to.
So some words.
Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all thirty foot.
Larry Wilde
Christmas is truly Christmas, when we celebrate giving the light of love to those who need it most.
Thanks to
Ruth Carter Stapleton
It’s our church Christmas carol service on Sunday night. Hub is still on duty, so not sure if I will be going on my own, or if he will take his phone and put it on silence for the hour we will be out. I must say he has been lucky his phone has hardly rang. The first night he had a couple of calls and the odd email that is it so far. He is on duty until Monday morning. Then on holiday. We have to go to Northumberland this coming week too. Seeing our friends for a couple of hours, well, about five. I kind of wish we spent the night then we could visit our good friends from school as well. Gosh if I could see, I would stay for sure. It would be so easy, just drive where we need to be rather than rely on trains people and taxi’s. Then there is the stress of getting from the taxi to the reception. It’s possible we have done it many times before in London of all places. Gosh that was a challenging weekend. I wrote a blog on it but you will have to look back about three years.

What do I think of London? I am sorry for my bloggets who live there, no reflection on you, but I truly hate it. Hub quite likes it, but me? No, I feel it’s as far from England as you can get. I always feel as if I’m in another country and it’s hostile. I guess I have some memories of the capital from when I was young also few people speak English so I just feel as if I’m in another country. I don’t like the amount of people traffic and just noise. Go back a hundred years ago, I bet it was lovely. Now it’s greed. It’s too vast and too full. Polluted as well. Normal people cannot afford to live there. My friend is talking about moving from her flat to a shared house where she will have one bedroom and share the bath room, kitchen and lounge. Gosh I would hate that. Why? She loves it though. I’m too much of a recluse. I like my space. My privacy my garden and my own drive.

Well as always, I digress. It’s possible to go and stay overnight, but not easy and where to take our dogs to the toilet? If we could see, A, we wouldn’t have guide dogs, but B, if we had them as pets because they were retired, we would be able to look out of the car window as we arrive or the room window, and see a place for our doggies to down load… But such is life.

Hub wants to live back in Northumberland and our friends keep asking us to move back. But for me it’s a house facing the sea, wherever in the world. If I ever become an official author, I could live anywhere in the world gosh, I have a list. Italy, the south of France, Canada, Sweden Norway and the list goes on.

In the meanwhile, I’m rambling. It’s time for the world of the blanket show. It’s almost two in the morning… Gosh, where has the time gone? A lay in in the morning though, I hope… No Teen to wake for work. Hub will get up let the dogs out have a coffee and listen to is sport whilst yours truly will relax. I can’t remember the last time I had a lay in past quarter past eight.

Remember to see if your neighbour is OK this winter and Christmas. Take care cos I care. X


No comments: