translate

Thursday 29 December 2016

DIARY OF MIDNIGHT SHAME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A lovely relaxing day and hub did make me dinner. We had risotto. We watched TV all afternoon doing the most basic housework. Hub says he is doing as much as possible in case he gets what I have then I can take over. Seriously, my stomach feels sick and I have no energy. Each time I breathe, it’s as if I had a huge slab of concrete on my chest so I have to push it up. Must remember to take my asthma inhaler. I’m rubbish at that because I don’t take it most of the year, in fact I probably use it three weeks per year and that is when it’s normally too late, like now and the last time I felt ill which was only a few weeks ago, But I hate taking tablets and so on.

We have had a lovely Christmas. I loved every single one of my gifts. My Sister in law and brother totally spoiled me with my beautiful Ted Baker make up box. Teen was so cute telling me what everything was. Because most of it I could guess but the flat plastic pallets were square so could be anything. The box contained eye shadows and blushers. There was an eyelash curler. He wanted to do my eye lashes and he was so sweet. Love that boy.

TV was great this year and we listened to some lovely carols. Our dogs had a great time too. They got some really nice toys. One from my friend Artie they love. Dogs are so easy to please, mind you our Son is very grateful always has been. He is so far from a brat and no matter what we get him for Christmas or his birthday he is always very appreciative.

My Brother and Sister in law came yesterday with Hubs Dad and again, we exchanged gifts. Bro in law was very kind and gave Teen some money too. Teen was telling me about some clothes he is buying on line. Well, they are different that’s for sure. I quite like them but Hubs reaction was rather predictable and funny. After Teen described them, Hub went quiet. Then said.
“Riiiiiight.””
Not his taste. A satin jacket with sweatshirt sleeves in cream. The jacket body part is purple with a huge embroided gold tiger on the back. He is ordering black suede shoes too with gold embroided tigers on the sides. Haha. I love it. I really do, why not, he is young, you have a cut off point with clothes and his time will come soon enough. He is good looking and can get away with anything right now.

Oh, I went out before to feed the birds. They also got some tasty Christmas presents. Loads of nice things to eat. Just as I was about to hang up their cake, and some fat balls in the container, a bird let’s say, flew over me and dropped their breakfast right on top of my head… I have never had that happen before. I must put the lotto on now. Don’t they say it’s for luck?

Looking at the latest on research for RP and still bone marrow/stem cells is the way to go rather than some kind of artificial device. I really pray and wish some amazing breakthrough would hurry up? I also wish and old Bloggets know my opinion on this, and I have never met anyone yet who shares my views, but I feel prisoners who are doing life should be part of all trials rather than innocent animals and by doing so, we would have cures for so many diseases now.

Studies have shown that trials are technically feasible to restore sight, right now it’s all about getting the right amount and making sure there are no side effects. And will that sight be like a fully sighted person? I think we are years away from that, but a little is better than no sight at all.

We were watching a wildlife program tonight that said a Polar bears foot are 36 cm wide. It showed the man who was narrating the program getting close to a snow wolf. The wolf kissed the man on the nose. A brave man. But how adorable. They are so very beautiful. Their fur in winter grows thicker by 200% and they use their tail as an additional blanket. I think it was the ravens who are supposed to be the most intelligent birds. They call for the wolves etc. to come to an animal who has died in tonight’s show it was a bison who had frozen to death. The wolves pull apart the flesh so that it leaves an easy option for the birds to finish off. As they are not strong enough to pull the animal themselves. How clever is that? Normally I can’t watch programs with animals in it and I was ready, on the edge of my seat to run as soon as anything awful would come on, but thankfully tonight it didn’t. It was filmed in the Yellowstone park in America. The hot springs had monkeys bathing I said to Hub he wouldn’t get me out of there as in winter the temperature drops below 50 Celsius!

And just as we are approaching the midnight hour, Teen and his GF have just walked in. Noooooo it’s bloody bedtime. Really? Seriously? Please, is there no shame? I just can’t stand this much longer. A word is going to have to be said to Shamrock. I was just heading for a bath. Not now. She’s lovely, but I think there should be a cut off point. And it’s not walking in at twenty to midnight and going upstairs. So she stops and has a lovely friendly chat, as she is lovely and friendly, but then to bed? I’m classed as old fashioned. And I’m proud to have morels. As there are none in this world any more. Don’t get me wrong, I like her, I adore my boy, but I don’t like them coming home to go to bed. I like to lock my doors before bed knowing they are staying locked until Teen or Hub goes to work. Not an early morning departure and Teen having an interrupted sleep when he has to get up for work.

So I will go now, grumpy and just finish on some celebrity news. Of course, we have lost the wonderful singer George Michael this year, David Bowie and Prince. What a super group they will make in heaven. And there are rumours that the singer Adele has secretly got married. Life goes on make sure yours is happy and respectful. X

No comments: