translate

Sunday 18 December 2016

DIARY OF BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. It’s free’ee’eezz’zz’zzing outside. Hub and I winding down for the night so some words before the blanket show. And may need a blooming blanket tonight on top of the regular bedding. Teen went out at half ten to see his friend. He has been so domesticated today. He has done all of his washing and changed his bed, ironed and delivered some Christmas cards for me. I’m so ashamed of my cards this year. I told you they are so small they could be mistaken for gift labels. Haha.

I sent for my cards on line and they came in a lovely big box. Well, there were three lines of three cards so that will let you know how small they actually were.

It was our church Christmas carol service and off we all went, I was so proud of my little Waggatail she was amazing. Worked really well. I laughed as we were walking along the leafy lane, Waggs stopped. Why? I didn’t know obviously at that point. Putting my hand out to find a careless person’s car parked right on the path. Waggs normally would make a signal to let me know we were going to have to step off the kerb onto the road. This time she didn’t. I am sure on reflection she thought, we can get through this gap? Hmm. well, I, can, but Mums a bit of a challenge…
So, I gave her commands to walk to the edge of the kerb onto the road and around the stupid person’s car. Luckily it wasn’t a main road we had to walk onto. But still drivers, please think about people who can’t see who have a guide dog or a white cane, a guide dog will stop and not let us hurt ourselves crashing into your car, a white cane won’t know it’s there until you whack it with your stick, so if you don’t want any damage done to your car, please park off the path?

We are taught a route and if it changes even something so small as to step off the kerb, it can confuse us and the dogs. But she did well. It was pitch black as it was night time. She even turned perfectly to the right to step onto the main road to get to where we needed to be, she normally likes to pretend she hasn’t seen that as if she keeps walking, that is the way for her fabulous field, full of other playful dogs, but she forgot about the field and must have known it was our Christmas service. Smile. Maybe she smelt the mince pies?

Spoke to a couple of lovely ladies we know and continued walking. Waggs turned into the right pathway which lead us to the door of the church. The smell of candles was lovely. People were as friendly as ever and we sat with our fab friends everyone who I knew from day one of going to this church, when we were new in this area, the same people who are so nice to us now made us feel very welcome. My friend played the piano despite her Mum dying just a couple of weeks ago, bless her and her Husband sat next to us as well as my Geordie family. Mum Dad my friend Geordie and her Husband. After the singing, we had a warm glass of mulled wine, there were mince pies hot chocolate as well as tea and coffee. A very nice service, the more I hear the Christmas story, the more I believe in the star. Old Bloggets will know what I mean…

We took The Little Fella, removed his harness and he lay still as can be near Hub. Waggs was even good during the service. She must know Santa only comes to good little doggy’s, right? Too late Waggs. Santa watches all year round, not just a week before he visits!!!

We walked back and LF went straight to bed. It was a five minute walk each way max, and has been enough for him. He obviously hasn’t totally recovered his strength yet.

You wouldn’t believe it. Hub took his phone but put on silence and thankfully it didn’t ring whilst we were out, as soon as we got back, about ten minutes the thing rang. An emergency out of hours call… How fortunate was that? I visualised him having to walk out and go home. His duty ends tomorrow morning then we can breathe.

I’m off for my hair cut tomorrow, I look like a shaggy dog right now. I just pray our town isn’t busy.
We have a busy week ahead. Tuesday so far free. Wednesday full Thursday again a full day and part night and Friday, I can’t wait to take a coffee with my friend. Saturday will be cooking all day then the big day already. I’m not ready. Still have too much to do, but what? Not sure… Seriously, we have everything we need now but I always panic at the is time of year. Hub spoke to his Dad tonight, we are seeing him soon too. He seems better than I thought he would as this is the first year he is without his Son who lives abroad now. He does have Hub though and Hubs other brother who lives much closer and thankfully lots of friends. He also has a lovely brother who I was telling you about before who made those lovely dishes from wood.

You forgot to remind me about my American Bloggets. For all the time, I have been writing blogs, America every day have been the highest viewing stats until this year and it’s been the UK, the day before yesterday, yesterday and today the US are the number one viewers with UK second and Canada third. It always baffles me how suddenly one particular country all decide to read my blogs one day. It’s as if someone reads one of my blogs from say Florida, then they pick up the phone and call Jim in New York to tell him and he phones Louise in New Mexico and so on. Smile.

It’s lovely to see Germany here every day. As Germany used to view about twice a week now we are getting about 70 plus views each week. Love you all.

Well Teen is now in. Eating.
Hub has been working on his lap top believe it or not and I guess it’s time for shut eye but before I go some words I hope will make you smile.
Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.
Three phrases that sum up Christmas, peace on earth, goodwill to all men and batteries not included.

Until tomorrow with love. And remember, if you can’t be good have fun.

No comments: