translate

Wednesday 10 August 2016

THURSDAYS DIARY OUT WITH THE OLD


I cannot believe the house prices these days, at one time, the difference between parts of the country varied between £100,000 and £800,000 for a two bedroom house, but now the gap is so much smaller. Our house has been valued at almost one hundred thousand pounds more now than what we paid for it four years ago, you may think like I did, great, but no, as the next house has gone up in price too.

 

It’s almost two in the morning I went to bed as Teen came home early so great, an early night, but my brain was full of poetry some I won’t publish as it really won’t make sense to you.

 “What was that?””

“It doesn’t normally stop me?”” Did you say?

 Smile cheeky, yep, you are kind of correct, but really a splash of paint has been created in my head and I knew I had a poem to write for someone a solicitor who has had poems from me before has sent me the oddest request. I asked him if it was OK to tell the world that he has sent me an odd request, he laughed and said yes. He’s a friend of ours so I can get away with saying such things.

 

Gosh the avenue of all sorts is so quiet tonight, who knows I may get a good night’s sleep after all. Unless the road people start again?

 

Hub is losing so much weight. It’s a holiday thing with him. Before last year’s holiday he lost over a stone and a half. So far he has lost 10 lbs, but doesn’t have as much to lose this year as last. I can’t wait to go on our holiday. Teen is really looking forward to it this year too as is my love. I will miss our dogs though so much, though I know that at least one of them is going to be in the best care.

 

Really happy about Saturday, Hub and I are having a family day the four of us are going out after LF visits the vet for his needle and before Wagga goes on her free run together with LF. So a busy day and another family day on Monday. So I guess Sunday will be a day of rest.

 

Some people have asked how my brother in law is doing with his new life in Australia? Well, he got a job immediately as did his loved one and they have a car and house as well as lots of new friends, so I guess you could say they are doing great. I remember back when, I selfishly was hoping that he would miss home too much and they would both come back, but no chance and I guess who could blame them? A new start. I have written before how Hub and I were three weeks off moving to Australia just over four years ago. Teen and I were so looking forward to it as was Hub, but something in his head had a second thought. And let’s say he was right, as the person who interviewed him let’s say, good things were not what they seemed. The job was solid, but the person wasn’t. I often think should we have gone anyway? But if we had I would not have moved to where I have made some lovely friends and my Wagging one would belong to another now. I bet I would have ended up with an Ozzy accent though? I am sure my Geordie accent is getting stronger and I don’t understand why? I have my telephone voice but Hub tells me off for using it, smile… And the best thing is, I think I’m talking all prim and proper and the person on the other end will say something like. “You’re from Newcastle?”

You can’t take the Geordie out of Newcastle, or something like that. Haha.

Or is it the coals…

 

People say our Son is posh? Really? No’oo’oo. I can’t hear that in his voice, but loads of people say it, including my friend from London, who has known him for years, since he was five. Hub is posh  though so he must have picked it up from his Dad, as it’s certainly not me.

 

I can’t believe it’s Thursday already? Where has this week gone? Since Hub has not been going to the place he said he would never enter again two years ago, and has been going every single week for ten months, smile, the weeks now are flying. He has not been for two weeks and won’t be going again. Though his colleagues were lovely there, he hates the place. He used to live there and couldn’t wait to get out. When he left his colleagues bought him a lovely gift he was touched by their kindness, mind you he worked really hard there. I am sure he secretly loved the new challenge, just not the place.

 

In our papers today, people are loving the Apple SE. Well that is what I have and I really do love it.

Great news as scientists say they know can make stem cell treatment safe. So help for so many diseases like Multiple sclerosis, diabetes and Arthritis.

 

Here are some quotes about new beginnings.

“All discarded lovers should be given a second chance. But with somebody else.” Mae West

 

One of my favourite quotes is. “To move on to your next stage in life, you have to say goodbye to your past.” So true.

 
I will be back later xx

No comments: