translate

Sunday 28 August 2016

DIARY OF QUINCY JONES AND THE FRENCH BREAD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. It’s pouring with rain, it’s belting down on the roof of our conservatory and guess what? The dogs are out on their walk with June. Just after I have vacuumed the floors and steamed them too. Think we may be getting filthy dogs back… Teen out for the day but I think they have gone shopping in a centre so will be dry. It was five when Shamrock went home this morning. I thought we had blooming burglars smile.

 

Whilst waiting for the dogs, we were listening to the radio and in interview was a wonderful inspirational man called Quincy jones. He was born in 1933, is an American record producer, conductor, arranger, composer, musician and more. One of the best things I have heard for a while he said was.

“Kids want to be what kids see” He was saying that his father was a gangster. He took him to a huge house where there were loads of gangsters, and in one of the rooms, there was a huge white piano. He looked at it with such desire and in the other room, was his father looking at guns. His Father called him over to look at the guns and he felt the pulling towards the piano. He knew as a child, he had two choices, go the same way as his Father or start a new in music. Thankfully he chose the right thing as we have all been gifted with his talent!

 

Then Hub put the cricket on and that was my call to leave the room and write to you all. I just don’t get cricket. I like the thought of attending a match if I could see. But for the cups of tea and the cucumber sandwiches with the tones of the cricket bat hitting the ball and the fragrances of the lush grass, whilst the heat of summers shine down on us. In our conservatory on a wet day with a coffee and a biscuit doesn’t have the same appeal.

 

We asked teen to help with the boarding passes as we had to print them off ourselves. Well sadly that wasn’t easy, so between Teen Hub and myself, we took three hours to do them. Those who are blind, unless you have sighted assistance, never ever travel with Ryanair as the process is dreadful. Even the fact when you register with them, there is a picture of a code you have to write in and it offers you no audio option. We printed the passes off, after Hub realised that we had not ticked one button last week to book seats, so we had to start all over again. Everything but our passports, they had been excepted. Then when we printed them off, what did they say? Were they really boarding passes? Bits of paper to Hub and myself. I pray they are. Then it told us on line to fold them one way so many centre metres, then fold them another way so may cms. Oh my goodness. Our hand luggage can’t be more than a certain size I think it’s 55cm and ladies are allowed a handbag which is really tiny. Just enough to hold your passports. Please God let it all be OK and we don’t get to the airport to learn we don’t have what we need? We were even told online that we had to go to the flight via the back stairs. Haha. Talking of flights, I was reading the news before and I learned that two American United airlines pilots have been arrested as they were about to fly from Scotland to America, New York I think, under the influence of alcohol. Shocking. I’m sure they will never work in such a job again. I blooming hope not.

 

My left eye today feels like it has been sat on by an elephant.  I don’t know why we are blind but have to also suffer with pains?

 I’m making baked potatoes with cheese and bacon for the boys for dinner. With some salad. So nothing too difficult. But first have the ironing to do, then going to sort out clothes for our holidays. That will be a challenge. I have no plain skirts if I had it would be easy to match, but one of my skirts is cream with orange swirls on it the other is black with red flowers on it and my other one is green with cream splodges on. So one colour that will match all of those skirts, is cream, but the cream has to be lighter than the cream in the skirt. Guess what one colour top I don’t have? Hehehe. You guessed it, cream.  A plain black will go with two out of three and I guess a plain white for the cream and orange, or a taupe. I have a red top and a green top for the skirts with those colours in, but they are a total different shade to the colours I have. I’m just a fuss pot, right?

 

I haven’t lost a single oz. for five days but that is my own fault, because I have not been on the treadmill for five days. It was interesting yesterday if you have an IPhone and you go into health, you will see how many steps you have done throughout the day. Gosh mine are shocking, even yesterday all the walking to our town and back, I only did just over 1900.

 

I think something must have gone wrong, as no way it should have been so low?

 

I have just ordered a bag for our French bread for when we go on holiday. It was just over £4 with free delivery and you can get it for a lot cheaper if you don’t want it next day. It was from good old Amazon and it is a cloth bag especially for long begets it’s about 30 inches and has a good solid string tie at the top. Because where our house is, is three quarters of a mile along the beach to get to the shops. I don’t fancy sandy bread. Even just carrying it out into the streets without a cover doesn’t make me want to look forward to eating the bread, but clean arrival to the house I can’t wait. With the delicious cheese from the markets and the huge olives, I’m going to be in heaven. With the sounds of the ocean in the near background and the pool in our garden, I really can’t wait. My one week a year without a trouble.

I hope…

 

I asked teen to possibly take us to the shops to buy some new clothes for Hub, but sadly, no chance of that happening. Never mind, he still has some tops that look OK. It’s a good job I guess. I pray one day there is a cure for blindness, then we will never need to depend on anyone. People say we do so well. As I keep saying, we have no choice, there is so much we can’t do. Browsing around shops is one thing that is impossible. To go to a shop to buy a few things is fine, we can do that but not to go to many shops and clothes shops are the worst. It has been six years since I went clothes shopping apart from two things. But I wait for that one day to come when I will shop till I drop.

 

Later with love and a pray for a breakthrough in stem cell please? For blindness and other dreadful conditions. X

No comments: