translate

Sunday 21 August 2016

DIARY OF EYE ON THE CURE (jCYTE)


The Olympics have come to an ending. I want to say thank God. Why? Well because it’s on the TV every night. And it’s on one of our prime channels, the other channels won’t put anything decent on they think no one will watch it because of course, everyone is watching the Olympics.

 

We team GB have done fantastic this year for a little country I’m very proud of them. I think we are still second in the medals. Just shows remove the drugs and all fair.

 

 Today it’s absolutely freezing and so windy as well as wet. It’s rained on and off all day.  Teen did his first shift at his new job. He looked so smart as he left the house. He came back shattered it’s the pure concentration of learning new stuff. He only did four hours but the next time he is due in he is working for ten hours. He got chatted up by a young man in his twenties who also works there.  And the guy sounds a character in deed. He apparently talks in a very strong American accent, an yet has never been to the US. Haha. Teen has already said that this is a stepping stone until he finds another job. I told him to get made supervisor first work for almost a year and then leave but not to leave before he is made up.

 

Well I went out the other day and needed to do some work with our hose…. Oh boy. I turned the tap on and next thing there is water coming out of the pipe. I was spoken. Seriously I turned the tap off and tried to find out where the cut was, how do you do that if you can’t see? Turn on the tap, are you getting my pattern? I was again drenched. Well long and short of it is Hub went with his tool box, OK, you know us too well, our kitchen knife and cut some off re fitted things and hey presto, it’s perfect now.  

 

Things like that just overwhelm me. Just like my ornaments do in the house, if I were to ask Hub to dust, he would totally have a meltdown. Me in the garden, I just get so dizzy. Suddenly I’m a tiny bee in a huge forest. It’s the outside air as when I’m out with Waggs I’m the same. I just thank God when I get back safely in the house all safe. Close the door and breathe again.

 

Our dogs are going on their walk later bless the lady who comes. She is a volunteer and she never misses a week. If she has to go somewhere or on holiday that week, she will walk them twice the week before or after. She is amazing.

 

I dream of the day when I can take my dogs for a walk along a riverside or the beach. We have a lake where we live, but the fishermen leave their hooks in there overnight. It shouldn’t be allowed, but they do and all it takes is for one of our dogs to get one stuck in their mouths or worse if they swallow one. It’s really a worry and if one of them runs off, I don’t know for sure who is there? What kind of dog whether they are friendly or not? So thank goodness for volunteers who will dog walk for us. If you like walking a dog and don’t want the expense or stress of a full time pet, because of work or whatever reason, you could call your local Guide Dog office and ask to be a volunteer dog walker. You will have to be police checked because obviously we can’t let our dogs just go off with a total stranger who we don’t know the background of, but that is a painless process and you would be doing so much for our dogs. Even if it’s just one dog, once a week. It’s an hour and as well as keeping you fit, you will soon make a best friend. Sadly, my Son will take Waggs for a quick walk, but he does it out of duty rather than because of his love for dogs. And it’s something like once every three weeks.

 

Some emails this week have asked me about news on the latest research for our eye disease. Well, this is what I have found.  

(EYE ON THE CURE)

The first results of a human stem cell transplant to treat Retinitis Pigmentosa, have been released by regenerative medicine company  jCyte.

This trial will last one year and it is an injection in the eye with stem cells hoping to wake up what has gone to sleep basically. But the first trial is to make sure that it is safe for human use. Then it will go onto phase two. So I pray that in two years we will be much further towards treatment for RP, what I can’t understand from what is written is this any good for those of us who are totally blind, or is it for those who still can see? I guess anything is a step forward for us all?

 


  

  I hope you have had a lovely weekend. X

No comments: