translate

Wednesday 24 August 2016

DIARY OF MY DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Gosh another stunning day? Too hot today to sit out sadly, though may pop out a little later. Right now I’m really not feeling good. Last night I did something I have not done in forever. I went to bed at nine. In the evening that is, as if during the day, that would be normal as I only sleep in the mornings. Something that I always do though happened, and that was not be able to fall asleep. I was really ill. My heart was pounding; I was dizzy so light headed. No comments, cheeky Bloggets, and my stomach was making the most ridiculous sounds.

 

As the night turned to day, I was getting more stressed because I was unable to sleep. The birds began to sing and the horrid traffic started its daily routine. Hubs alarm went off well one of many as all night his blooming work phone was pingging dingging and beeping. Eventually he turned it off at six, well he gets up at between half six and quarter to seven, he said he had a bad night too? Haha, that is why he didn’t hear his phone I guess? He slept like a log, have you ever seen a sleeping log? Where on earth does that saying come from? Well, this has got me baffled and I can’t find the origin of this phrase. You may also have heard of sleep like a top, and sleep like a baby? Well a baby wakes up every few hours crying, but at the same time, they say a baby has no worries so if a man sleeps like a baby, he has not had stress during the curtain show. As for sleeping like a top? Goodness knows. Sorry, not much help for all those Bloggets who woke up this morning after a good night’s sleep just wanting so badly to know where the saying came from to sleep like a log? Haha.

 

Teen had a full late day yesterday, I say late because he left the house just after lunch to pick up his gf. They went to the beach. To be honest I have not seen him to talk to since. He came home at seven in the evening. He ran upstairs to shower and change then ran out the door giving me a hug saying he was going to town to eat. It was after midnight when he returned. He was pottering around in his bedroom until at least three this morning and he had to get up very early as his third shift starts at work. He has a very long shift today. Ten hours. He always starts his jobs with such delight and strive to enjoy himself, but this job on day one he hasn’t enjoyed at all. Not sure how long he will stay. It’s not stimulating enough for him.

 

Talking of boy wonder, he has just stepped through the door. Now eating his lunch, I made for him earlier. Baked potato with beans and cheese. He sounds shattered. I know the feeling. I still don’t feel right I guess lack of sleep hasn’t helped. I’m going to have to force myself to do some work.  

 

Oh our gardener is coming back today at four. Thank goodness. The weeds are desperate and our roses are out of control as well as the nasty thorns that are coming from our neighbour’s fence. One day I think sadly, I will just get everything removed and have a concrete jungle. Mind you, even then, weeds will still grow and thorns will still appear. But I get myself in such a state because I worry about what our garden looks like. House work I can do, finances booking holidays making appointments and keeping Hub right for work, but gardening? No. I can design one but not maintain it.

 

My Sister in law was going to come and do our garden bless her but it rained so hard on Monday we had to cancel.

 

Leeds festival is on again, that time of year. It’s the one that teen has gone to for the past three years. He isn’t going this year; thank goodness I have had enough stress this year without him going away again. I seriously don’t see the attraction. It’s in a filthy field with dirty toilets and you sleep in a tent. There are people getting drunk all around you and probably off their heads with drugs. No thanks. Even when I was young that would have been my idea of hell.

 

You wear wellington boots and the mud can be up to your knees. Teen used to love it, and I think he would again, but none of his friends can afford to go after their holiday abroad as well as them all going away earlier in the year to Amsterdam.

 

Seeing Geordies Mum tomorrow, she is coming around to be a witness for our wills. We went to town a few weeks ago, remember? It was not near where we know, it was such a challenge to get there and back as well as play find the doorbell on the huge modern building. Up three flights of stairs passing by corridors and lots of doors. How we managed to find where we needed to be is beyond me. Then getting back home, was simply awful. So the solicitor is coming here and we need a witness. A good excuse to see my friends Mum. I love her. She is so lovely. I miss Geordie, not seen her for weeks apart from at church for a short while. The four of us, Hub myself and her with her husband are all going for a drink in a few weeks. Everything is a few weeks though, it’s funny, but she is so busy in life.

 

I still haven’t heard when my interview will be. Good job I’m not in a hurry, smile. I remember when Hub got his current job, he waited ten whole weeks before he learned even if he had the position.

 

Oh my that was a real scary time. Hub was in the US on business with his previous job and his potential boss called asking to speak with him? Well, I wanted so badly to get him off the phone real fast in case I spoiled his chances of getting an interview. The guy was so lovely, but what if I came across as inappropriate? Haha. I know it’s hard to imagine…. But believe me, it’s possible. He seemed to be wanting to ask me lots of questions. Heck, what to answer? It was as if he was interviewing me too. He was on the phone for at least ten minutes. There were silent moments. Something I don’t do well… After the conversation, I put the phone down and tried to get through to Hub. Well, I left a message and after five long hours plus, he called me back. I told him of the chat, he was pleased that the up spoke to me in such a way, I asked him why, he replied because if he wasn’t interested in me for the job, he wouldn’t keep you on the phone. Oh my. Did I blow it for him? Well, obviously not… Two and a half years now he has been working there.

 

Hub going to Devin soon to a conference. A place he hates with a passion. He wants me to go but I think I may be washing my hair that week.

 

Today our Little Fella meets with the lady who will be taking him whilst we are on holiday. Gosh I pray she is nice? I wanted him to go to a lovely lady I know but LF may be spending time in the office. As will Waggs as she is with her Aunty who works in the office. It will be weird if the two dogs see each other, will they have a chat and say.

“Waggs, why are went going home? Where is my Daddy? Does he not want me anymore?””

Waggs will not be bothered but LF will be so unhappy, I feel awful leaving him. If it was with someone he knew then I would be happier, but I don’t know this lady. I asked Hub to ask her for her mobile. He said why?

Why?

Because our blooming dog is going there, I asked him to get her mobile, he again didn’t know why I would want it? He said she is a registered boarder for Guide Dogs and will be fine… Oh heck. Will she give him love? His little drink of milk before bed? I really ache, kind of feel so sad for him. If he was a human and we could explain that we are going on holiday and we will come back for him.

 

He wraps himself around Hubs legs if Hub has been to our gym which is our garage attached to our house. He can even hear Hub in there. Not that he groans with exertion, smile, but the machinery. So what will he be like when we return? We get back on the Saturday and won’t be able to get him back till the Monday. I just hope she doesn’t lose him. Grateful though that someone will take him.

 

Well I guess I best go and do that dog run. I did it yesterday and you would think that I had been to the work house, . And today is hotter than yesterday. Words before I go.

A dog loves you more than he loves himself. Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.  

 

Roger Cara’s writer and photographer

Charles de Gaulle Former President of the French republic

No comments: