translate

Thursday 18 August 2016

DIARY OF JOBS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I’m very late today writing my blog. Just to let you know it’s almost eight in the evening Teen is due in from work, Hub having a relaxing bath after a day at work where he told me there has been some not so nice things happen this week and difficult decisions. The rest is in our imaginations. He comes home and in his mind he always has work but in his mind, it stays and I respect that, good job we have life to talk about as with him not talking about his day and me not having days most of the time, hahaha, life could get boring. But we are a match made in heaven and can talk about a stone for an hour. Our minds just click. They did at school and this still do. If you were to meet us, your first opinion would be we are so different but people who get to know us say we are each other’s soul.

 

Gosh dinner tonight was a disaster. I spent blooming ages in the kitchen only for Hub to end up making himself some toast.

 

Now, round two. Teen due home and see what he thinks. I was thinking where on earth I went wrong? I made mince with onions and carrots. New potatoes and green beans. Teen will have Yorkshire puddings with his. Hub hates new potatoes well that is a challenge in the summer. So a cross there. I put the carrots in with the mince and he said that the mince was revolting. Haha.

Say it like it is love?

 

It isn’t the same mince as I normally buy. I always buy steak mince and this week I didn’t but it was not cheap it was a lot of money so should have been good?

Well it wasn’t…

 

I shall let you know in the next blog Teens verdict! As for what I had? Hmm. You really don’t want to know. I’m not impressed with myself. I got up today and emptied the dish washer. Normally Hub does that before he leaves for work. He didn’t today so I did it and then refilled it from Hubs cereal and coffee he had this morning, teens midnight feast and a couple of things that wouldn’t fit in the dish washer last night. Teen came for breakfast. I then cleared away his dishes and began cooking. It took forever I have explained before our awful flat sheet of nothingness with our hob. Then cleared that away putting on the dishwasher for round two. Teen went out then on his return ate lunch creating more dishes pans and so on but he did empty the washer. I filled it again cleaned the worktops again and did the floors. Then it was time for Hub to come home so I prepared his plate and by doing all this as well as other bits and bobs I did, I didn’t feel like cooking for me. I really wish my boys were vegetarians then we could all eat the same food.

 

Well, I received an email today about my job application. I wasn’t sure how I felt about it before opening it. I prepared myself to be told either way whether I got an interview or not. I was very happy with the synopsis kind of a CV I wrote as when I want to, I can write as if I’m very intelligent, it just doesn’t come through much when I’m chatting to you all as this is an informal chat… But my work experience is zero though I have done volunteering since I was 16 with a huge gap in between. I was passionate when I wrote what I did but cried when I sent my application by the net as felt such a disaster in the workplace. Also went through the emotions of who on earth would even think about reading my job application? Gosh I have been on such a downer for the past few months as far as putting myself out there is concerned.

 

Well I opened the email and it read that the interviews were going to be delayed but I had at least, an interview.

Gosh, I had to read it again. No way, then I checked the email address who it was really meant to be for? It was me, so who was it from? And it was from the organisation I had applied to.

 

It didn’t say when I have the interview but said I would receive another more formal invitation at a later date.

 

So now what? Should I be shocked? I don’t know how I feel and if I were asked some weeks ago how I would feel right now, I would say screaming with delight, but I don’t I’m numb. I think I am in some kind of shock. Now I write better than I come across so the interview will be challenging though I say what is on my mind I’m very honest and not sure this will be what people look for in interviews. I only pray my friend has an interview too. I’m scared to ask her. I would hate to get one and she hasn’t? Now, who am I up against? I have no clue and don’t know if I am able to learn, I doubt it, mind you that would make me a little anxious to know who I am going to be competing with. I really feel like I have got further than I would have years ago in life, just to want a job to know I can do something to me is incredulous. I hope I will inspire others to just go for it and even if I don’t get the job, then at least I tried. I do feel odd though right now. And now have to wait for the big day to come.

 

 Teen is coming in soon, eating, showering and going straight out to his gf’s. Hub is having an early night so I guess a lot of poetry will be written tonight? Talking of poems, I have been asked to write some for Christmas by two different places this week. When I received the first request, I thought it was a joke. And the second one? Totally different area’s and one is for a school the lady wants to put it in their play. I can’t even believe that she has thought what play they are doing already? The other one is very sad, it’s for someone who will be having their Christmas early this year because of health. Heart breaking. So now I have to get my Santa’s hat on and think snow, sweet mince pies, wrapping paper, ferns pinecones and tinsel.

 

Oh heck, as I’m sitting in our living room, I have just heard the coffee machine turn off. This is fine, but there isn’t a cup under it so the horrid water will just run into the tray, the tray that I have just got from the dishwasher. Our water is nasty slimy lime scale and makes the tray awful.

 

Our hose is broken so I guess now we need to find another. It’s teens last day at his job tomorrow so may try to get him to buy one as he gets a discount. I wonder how he will feel about the new job? It’s a brand new building so should be lovely inside.

 

Our hoses are like our vacuums. They last a year. Hub blames me for the vacuums but he can’t for the hoses as I start a battle with them then give up and leave it up to the garden gnome.

 

Talking of gardens, I so badly wish we had nothing in our garden but statues. The pain of keeping it looking tidy is so stressful. The thorns out there are lethal. They are not even ours they are from both neighbours who have them growing in their garden. We do have awful rose thorns, but these ones coming through our fence are pure evil and when you can’t see them you have to feel for them to cut them back. Not good.

 

Today is the day in England where kids get their exam results for their A. Levels. Thank goodness we are through that with teen and can relax now.

 

I feel for the kids who have not received their grades for their chosen University. All but one and a half of teens friends are off in some weeks. I still believe that our boy will go to University in the future, but not right now. Already his new boss is saying that she can promote him. Hmm. We will see. At least it’s not far to drive, if only the last job or at the moment, current, was closer when he had his last promotion, he would be rather rich now… Mind you, I don’t think my boy could ever be rich as the more money he has, the more he spends.

 

Some words before I go from me and others.

It is never too late to be who you might have been.

George Eliot

Success consists from going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Winston Churchill

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell em of course I can. Then go and learn how to do it.

Theodore Roosevelt

 

Take risks if you win, you will be happy, if you lose, you will have learned.

 Never tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon.

If you have a dream, it can come true.

Why walk forward to be pushed backwards.

If you stand in the same place every day all day, the sun will leave you in a shadow

 

No comments: