translate

Wednesday 17 August 2016

DIARY OF SELLING YOUR HOUSE AND DOGGY DAY CARE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Time for a chat and a cupper. We have a brilliant new water machine rather than a kettle. It was about £10 more than I paid for my last kettle and because it uses filters, we won’t experience the dreadful nasty water that we have been of late. The water here is gross. Full of Lyme scale. After a while, the electrical kitchen items break because of it. So this machine has a filter to block nasty bits we would end up getting with our cup of tea. Also Hub can stop grumbling about the kettle burning him. He hated our last kettle. I loved it. It was one of those old fashioned shapes like a whistling kettle. It was metal and when it was hot, it was hot…   

 

This water heater is great, tall enough spout to even put a pan or teapot under the tap. And, it has buttons. Rare now days normally it’s on screen touch pad and so on. It takes forty seconds to heat the water and if you only want one cup of tea, it boils only one cup, whereas when you have a kettle, you boiled unnecessary water!

 

In England, Teesside the factory who make Tetley teabags, employs 300 staff and are the largest teabag manufacturing plant in the world, and they are going to create a teabag suitable for those with hangovers. Have you ever?

 

I was reading today about things that can go very wrong if you are trying to sell your house. To some these steps may be obvious, but obviously not to all as a lot of people who are trying to sell a house, keep making these mistakes over and over again.

 

Significant things that you can do to help you to sell are, avoiding toys on your child’s bedroom floor. We know that the toys will be coming with us, but some people do not have any imagination non, a big fat zero and can’t remove the toys and replace them with their own nice rug…

 

Same as on the teens bedroom floor, clothes all over a dirty sock pair of trainers. It just looks dirty and we wonder if we can see this, what is hidden? Smile. According to ING Direct, a kid’s messy bedroom can knock £8000 off the value of your property.

 

What’s in the name? Well your address can boost the price of your house. If you live in a street, the chances are that you will receive less money that someone who lives in a Grove or a close for example. And if you have the title King in your address, you will receive more money than you will if you have queen.

 

I was reading on zuplar that rude names won’t sell well in Lancashire you could live on Slag lane. Smile. Or how about in Bell End in the west Midlands? Haha.

 

A zoopla study revealed that numbers influence the price of your house. Odd numbers fetch on average £538 more than those of us who live in houses with even numbers on our door.

 

  If you are superstitious, number 13 won’t do too well. Even Downing Street there is no number 13. Mind you, there is a contradiction, there you have it, Downing (street) and we couldn’t afford to live there. Smile, not that I would want to that is the truth. But if you do own a number 13, you are said to sell for less than six thousand than your neighbours. Unlucky for some…

 

Last year Lloyds bank suggested that an upscale supermarket can add value onto your property up to £40,000

 

If you have pets, it is said that unless you have loads of them, you will be OK as long as your pet’s don’t smell or are intimidating. Well as for our, dogs, they would be around the viewers neck as they came through the door, so I would hope one of us would be on walkies at the time. Smile… With the dogs of course.  

 

And may be a teen could take them on a walk as the only time he is home is to sleep and eat… Cooking all of the time… Having said that, he is coming home in half an hour with his friend probably in time for dinner? Then he’s off to the gym and then I’m sure will be out.

 

I have been on the phone most of the day. Sorting life out with those who just can’t get their act together. Peoples incompetence pains me. I just don’t like messy people.

 

Hub was just saying last night he has had one week’s holiday meaning off work since the start of April. He is like me needing a holiday. And we are counting the days now. Going to say goodbye to monotony for a few days, and bonjour to France.

 

Sadly, I dare not take my lap top with me to write.  Having said that, it’s tiny, I may be able to? Hehehe. Seriously I think my Hub would bury it in the sand. But on my return, I shall have loads to tell you I’m sure and this is a very special holiday for us all. But don’t worry, not going for a while yet…

 

I have been on doggy day care today. Hub at the office and likes to give LF a break from the travel every couple of weeks. So at quarter past eight this morning I came down stairs to find my hand in between a toothey jaw. I knew it was the Little Fella, as little Waggs hardly opens her mouth. She is one of those Labradors who are so quiet silent the way she walks and doesn’t bark unless Hub really plays rough with her and she loves that. From a dainty sweet dot, to a wild beasty girl. Smile… My Waggs, not Hub.

He’s never a dainty dot. Hahaha.

Well, it’s four for dinner tonight so I shall go and cook… Lot’s of love.

No comments: