translate

Friday 26 August 2016

THE BEFORE HOLIDAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 A very quick blog today as I’m now in panic mode. There is so much to do think about, plan and more. Do you ever get so overwhelmed that you feel like you are going to suffocate? Normally I’m so organised. I’m the most sensible boring person ever some would say anal when it comes to organisation. Our holiday is in days and so far, I have not been able to make contact with the taxi company we used last year. The taxi company in France isn’t responding to my email in fact I received a bounce back.

Our tickets are with Ryan air, a company I said I would never travel with and we have to down load everything our self and the website isn’t blind friendly. I have to try to think about what we need for holiday to arrive in our groceries this week and order two lots of dog food to be delivered before we go. Get that measured out and put into bags for the dogs to go on their holiday. At last we have somewhere for our LF to go. He had a place, but the couple got some very bad news and no longer can take LF. Well now he has another lady, I don’t know her so I’m panicking, would you leave your child with a stranger? Hub met her the other day and said she is lovely. She took LF on a walk and has had guide dogs before. I just wish I knew her. Hub is talking about using up his air miles and getting some winter sun this year, we are thinking about taking Teen and his GF on a holiday, as the thought of the next twelve months without going anywhere is a little tiresome. Mind you, Hubs air miles sometimes is more expensive than paying for a normal flight.

 

I have tablets to order.  That involves going to the dreaded receptionists at our Doctors. I hate it, but has to be done. We can’t phone up and get our pills ordered by phone, our practice doesn’t do that.

 

We have to sort out our currency, this means asking

g Teen to come with me as it’s a total nightmare to get to on my own, possible but added stress and I now have to debate, what is best, trying to get Waggs to find the bus door, getting off the bus is fine, and she will be great at finding where we need to be for the money exchange, it’s just the transport that we struggle with and that will never change. She just panics so because she does, I do.

 

Or do I ask teen to come with me, put up with his grumbles but it’s done in ten fifteen minutes  where as if I do the bus there and back, find where I need to be, it will be more like an hour.

 

I must remember to do the normal stuff like give the dogs flee treatment as it’s due and sort out some important mail I have to send off before I go. Then clothes, what to take? I’m not leaving that till last minute.

 

Tomorrow we are off to town and things have to be done there and tonight we are going out with our friends, hopefully we will come back to an unchewed house as not taking LF just going to a noisy pub so not fair on him and our friends Mum is picking us up.  Oh and I have to contact my phone provider to make it so I can use my phone abroad. I have a tick list somewhere and there was about seventeen things to do before we go, in fact before the end of the weekend. Then I will be on holiday and only need to think about each day at a time. And breathe the fresh air, something we don’t get here. Relax and no housework to do nothing to worry about, right?

 

Teen is looking forward to it so that should be nice. I just wish we were flying with a different company? I have heard so many horror stories about Ryan air. I hope they prove me wrong and we have nothing but positive things to say on our return.

 

Yep, I’m feeling manic today. But all will be fine, I’m just a perfectionist and like everything to go right. I had days worrying where we were going to park the car when on holiday as we are travelling to the airport by Teenmobeele. My brother told me of a great company but sadly they are fully booked. So I found another place, if not for speech on my lap top, I would not be able to do any of this. Gosh, before Jaws, the software, where were we in life? As a blind person so much would be impossible. We use our search engine so much. From looking for a holiday, to finding flights to taxi’s and phone numbers. Last year I looked up what there was to do and I have kept that file, there are a couple of new places I would like to travel to when there and Hub has a surprise for Teen.

 

As for today, oh I did feel bad for our bin man? We put our gardening bin out and it had some dreadful spikes in there. Well, I just heard the van pull up and then the almightiest yell?

“Ouch!”

Well, there was no knock on the door asking for compensation, so it’s all OK. So far. Smile.

 

It’s not raining so will venture out now and get to our doctors before the clouds, change their minds and decide to move and allow the water to come down. Teen is at the gym, then going for a haircut. Seriously, it’s only been two weeks since he last had it done?

 

Oh and guess what? I have almost sold our Henry vacuum. Someone is coming tonight to buy it. It’s a giveaway, but better than us having to get rid of it. I told the person it was for spares and he is happy with that. I bet he can fix it though? I wonder if it’s just a loose wire? Well, we can’t fix it so it’s another one that has bitten the dust. I’m a nightmare for breaking vacuums. I think I have gone through about five in seven years. Henry is only a year and a half old. Bless his smiley face. First before the guy comes, I must clean him.

 

Well I hope you have a stress free weekend? Seriously, my heart actually hurts with what has to be done. And it’s all down to me to do as Hub works and of course, my job is in the house so this kind of thing is in the house. At least I managed to sort out holiday insurance. Last year cost us £140 this year only £44.  Last year there were five of us this year not so it’s a lot less also Teen helped to do it on line so last year I did it by phone as the website for things like this just are no good for screen readers. As I said last week, we get half way then there are images to tick. Our software only reads writing, not pictures of writing. Laters with love.

And lots of deep breaths. Smile.

No comments: