translate

Tuesday 16 August 2016

NATURES DREAM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


NATURES DREAM BY FIONA CUMMINGS

As the moon bows to the ripples on the stream

And I hold the stars as I dream

And the cobalt blanket keeps me from the chill

As the air is so still

An owl flies by

In the darkened sky, he hovers

A fox starts to cry

In a scream like no other

A pebble plays along the bankside

From the trickling water, it’s trying to hide

How peaceful

Simply beautiful

Branches shadow

In the green meadow

Cattle in the distance

Not a bother, nor a hindrance

Though by myself

I’m not alone

It’s a perfect zone

Though poor, I have wealth

And good health

All that God intended I have

From nature I get my love

Looking up to the clouds above

I thank my maker wherever they are

And I’m reminded as I look at a star

That though something is miles away

Nothing is too far

And tomorrow is another day

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: