translate

Sunday 7 August 2016

DIARY OF THE TRAIN


Good evening Bloggets. An early start as Hub was playing piano for our church. Waggs was delighted to be going out and LF was chilled about it. I was dreading the short walk as Waggs never does that route well. Today was warm but very windy, as I have said before, a blind person’s fog. When it’s windy, we can’t hear the cars coming as we try to cross and it’s difficult to hear things like where walls are etc.

 

But we did it, crossed our avenue of all sorts, right, walked for a minute, a short left to find the gap between the grass, wait at the kerb and crossed safely. On the up kerb turn left, then right then walk until our dogs find the right turn passing by goodness knows what? Smile. Its incredulous still to me how we know just when to turn into the church yard as there is no sign nothing to show where we are. The path snakes in a little and right to the door. Through double doors then the lovely welcoming committee was there waiting and kindly showed us where to sit, of course Hub and LF, went to the piano and I sat next to a beautiful soul, my friend Geordie’s Mum. After a few moments Geordie and her Husband and Son arrived sat near me and one of the staff from the church came and spoke to me. Everyone is so lovely.

 

Hub started to play for people coming in. I was so proud. Dear Sharon who was in charge of todays service, came and had a chat. It’s such a lovely feeling at the church I will never forget when we first moved here, the people at our church was the heart of our new area. We knew no one and they welcomed us not only at the church but into their homes.

 

Waggs was great, a few grumbles I had no time for breakfast, but I promised it wasn’t my stomach.

 

LF was a star. Even when the children were asked to join in with a part of the service which involved a few balls.

 

We couldn’t stay for tea and coffee as we had to get back as our family were coming and I was excited because between Teen and my research, I have found a fantastic new place to have a meal. It’s old train carriages done out all beautifully to make a restaurant and even a hotel. Just nine rooms with four post beds. You step back into the 1940’s and there are Greek nights with Bozouki music, plate smashing as well as Greek dancing, but today was a gentle summers afternoon, in the middle of the countryside with the odd train passing by in real life as the main track runs along side the restaurant. In our next carriage was a piano for music on nights where there isn’t a special authentic Greek night as the owner is Greek so Greek cuisine is the main feature on the menu.

 

From the table cloths which are beautiful to the lamps on the little tables, I’m sure the views out the windows are typically English and without any traffic sounds and beautiful smells of not only the plants in the entrance, to the food, it’s a wonder of vintage values from yesteryear.

 

My brother had the BBQ, with Greek salads, breads and cheeses, lamb and chicken and huge wedges of water melon. Hub had a lamb dish that was a meat feast for sure it was some kind of Greek dish and my Sister in law, my Nephew and myself all had a typical English Sunday lunch but if I go again, I would stick to the Greek food, as I loved Hubs starter of grilled cheese.

 

The staff were so good even took my Sister to see the bedrooms as she showed interest to stay there with her friends and she said they were beautiful.

 

There is a large conservatory I would guess that is where the Greek nights take place and even a champagne bar.

 

Oh it was lovely, it was sweet to see just how much my sister in law and I had in common and agreed on a lot.

 

They brought their puppy who is a little Labrador. They put him in his cage before we left, I left Waggs and LF in the hall in their bed and I text Teen to tell him not to tease the puppy and leave him in his cage if he came home for lunch… Two hours later, I received a text to ask me if the puppy bit? Haha. I asked him to leave the dog, he said too late.

Well what was the point of asking if he bit? He gave him some treats and left, soon after  we came home. Sat in the garden and the dogs all ran around and tired themselves out. The pup was so cute, he kept hiding under the chairs away from the big bully’s. But then came out and teased the guys to play. Teen came home and took a really cute picture of the three dogs. Wagga was sitting, pup had his tongue around Wagga’s nose and LF was sitting in the background smiling…. According to teen, haha.

 

A lovely day had by all. Now watching the Olympics. A poor cyclist from the Netherlands came flying off her bike. Imagine for four years you eat, breathe live training all for the big day and that happens within moments of starting your race? She was I think first aswell, until her awful accident. They are going on about getting her to hospital, more than wounds, her psyche is more important.

 

Teen at his friends house now and I’m going for a lovely bath. A great weekend, what with our besties yesterday and today, I guess that will be it for the next two months? Smile… Though Geordie has just text me to ask if Hub and I would go out with her and her Hub in a few weeks time. Right now, I’m happy, and now back to the trying to lose weight.

 

 

  

No comments: