translate

Wednesday 24 August 2016

FIFI'S FIELDS OF FORTUNE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 For children... And me!

FIFI’S FIELDS OF FORTUNE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A porky pink pig, past by my window

Going to see the cute cream cows, in the lush meadow

On the chalky wall chuckled the chicken

And the friendly farmer in the field was digging

Hoofs could be heard from the horse over the hill

And little lambs lolloped wearing fleecy coats for the chill

 Goats grabbed garbage

Fields full of cabbage

Burroughs full of rabbits

And ducks dancing on the rapids

With fish floating by

I ask myself why

Is the summer sky blue

And green grass holds morning dew?

I like living in the lovely countryside

My heavy heart is full of pride

Nothing stays the same outside

A forever friendly place to live

Full of flowers, fruits and love

Where by navy nights, the sky above

Has forever lights, from the moon and stars

And a friendly face is never far

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: