translate

Thursday 25 August 2016

DIARY OF TODAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I hope I find you well? I still haven’t heard what day my interview is on.  

 Our gardener came yesterday; he was so proud of the apple tree he transplanted. As am I. It is a fighter that tree. It’s been through the mill.

 

We had two days of red hot weather, today has been pouring with rain all day. I hope it will be fine on Saturday, as Hub and I are going to our town. Hub is off to get a haircut, and whilst he goes to our bank there is a shop I need to pop into, to buy a few goodies. Not for me, though I may change my mind, but for a friend of mine.

 

Even though it’s August, because of the high winds we have had, there has been ten people killed in the past couple of weeks in the UK at the seaside. Tragic, as it is in Italy with the earthquake. Such a perfect country, I may sound stupid but I didn’t even know that Italy had earthquakes?

 

Teen worked all day Hub been in the office and my friends Mum came around it was lovely to see her; she is so sweet. And tomorrow I’m out with Hub and two friends we are going to our local pub to have a catch up.

 

My friend Geordie popped into where Teen works today and Teen said she looked absolutely beautiful. His words. “She looks like a movie star. In fact, a millionaire!” Then I received a text from Geordie telling me that she saw the stunning Teen. Haha. I tease them both as they flirt without shame even though my friend is the same age as me. Sick or what? Hahahahah. I joked with teen and asked who Geordie was with? He said a friend. I asked was she attractive? He paused and said kind of yes, so my answer then was. “Yeah, Geordie only hangs out with good looking ladies.”” Bless him, he just stayed quiet. He is very diplomatic my Son!

 

I am sitting with a Wagga on my feet. I’m not sure why, but she is becoming very clingy with me, something she has never been before. Perhaps she has been having a word with the Little Fella? He knows his Daddy is working in the office up there, so he is laying at the bottom of the stairs, not in his bed which is nearby, but right at the bottom of the stairs. Just in case he goes to sleep, The Little Fella, not Daddy, smile, then he will wake up if Hub dares to leave the house without him. Well, that is the theory that he will wake up, otherwise there will be a very squashed LF!

 

I’m in our living room today whilst typing, I have the window open really wide. Thank goodness it’s cooling down and we are left with slight rain now, but before was shocking. Far too hot and wet through, out there. Rain cleans the air up. I can hear a little of the traffic from the other side of the house which is noisy, but in general it’s much quieter in the front. So quiet I can hear the birds, no doubt getting the worms after the rain and the doves are singing their song too. Hmm. Doves and pigeons, wouldn’t you think they would get sick saying the same thing, over an over again?

 

There are some teenage lads a couple of doors up and they are either having a great game in their wet garden, or killing each other. Haha. Seriously, the groans coming from their place is very odd, if not groans followed by laughter, I would wonder if I should call  9 9 9?

 

So in the news today? A teacher in the UK has been jailed for two years for filming his pupils in the public toilets. Absolutely shocking, two years for that and a man who is in his eighties has been given six years for killing his wife with a gun who suffered from Alzheimer’s. The couple were together forever since very young but the man said he couldn’t stand seeing his wife in such a way and he wanted to shoot himself, but couldn’t. It has been proven that he also had mental health issues. So, jail him for six years, and a pervert for two. That will be right. Our laws are crazy.

 

In Singapore, driverless taxis are going to be trialled from next Thursday. I would feel really odd about that. I like the idea that I can shout stop, and the car will stop, I imagine one day something awful to happen and bad people will I’m sure learn to hack and be able to get the car to drive where they want it to go, rather than where the customer needs to be.

 

Excess body fat has been linked to thirteen types of cancers.

 

 

So nothing as yet on a cure for blindness, I can wait another week.

 

Right off to cook dinner. Shamrock is coming around later to see Teen. Gosh we had a right laugh the other night when she came around. She is so funny. Later with love. X

No comments: