translate

Thursday 18 August 2016

JAPAN AND MYSELF BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Japanese proverbs

With a first glass, the man drinks the wine, with the second glass the wine drinks the wine with the third glass the wine drinks the man.

This made me smile as my Husband used to travel a lot to Japan on business and he had a lovely colleague who loved his drink, only problem was, he couldn’t take his drink and used to get very drunk. Many times the Japanese man would guide Hub through the streets of Japan to his hotel to have one more for the road. Hub used to say he was so funny this guy, he had a long umbrella always carried it and used to drag it behind him and went from left to right goodness knows how they used to always end up where they needed to be? It really was the blind leading the blind.

Another saying is. The country is in ruins and there are still mountains and rivers. This got me thinking that probably the most beautiful countries in the world are countries where there is war, third world or political crisis going on.

“The eyes are the mirror of the soul” I kind of agree. You show your love and fears through your eyes. My son still says to me and it makes me laugh. “Mum, don’t give me that look. Hahaha. I think I still do actions with my eyes even though my sight is useless.

“The eyes speak as much as the mouth.”

in other words, love needs no words. That is beautiful don’t you think? Also I did wonder this. When I could see, I loved with my eyes. I looked at an admirer and burned through his soul as if my boyfriends used to say hypnotise them into asking me out. Haha. No, I just sat on them into submission.

 

If you are blind, do you still have what they call cow eyes? I really wouldn’t know as Hub is my first blind partner/boyfriend/Husband well love. And by the time we were reunited again, I couldn’t see and he was born blind, so does he know how to make those eyes or is it a natural infliction if you like well thing that happens? Do your eyes gloss over when you fall in love? Hmm…. Time to ponder?

 

I love this one. “It is the same life whether we spend it laughing or crying.

“People want to avoid the dew before they become wet.”

I should learn from this one. “Let what has past flow away downstream”

My past chases me and of late has been catching up. I should turn around and face it, but again? Really? God give me strength do do that again? But I have two choices either I do face the demon or I keep running. If I face it, then I can show it that I’m wiser and stronger.  If I keep running, then I am letting my past know that I am still weak.

 

 Until later you all make sure you follow your heart but take your mind with you. X

Fiona Cummings

No comments: