translate

Wednesday 3 August 2016

THE APPLE TREE DIARY


Good day Bloggets. I’m sitting in my office as had some work to do and needed this particular environment to work in. Earlier I was outside enjoying the beautiful and unique weather we are having today. It’s stunning and I could have spent a lot longer out there but sadly I feel too guilty when I relax. There are always things to do around the house and I knew I had some work in the office to do.

 

It’s half four I can’t believe where the day has gone. I wonder why some days fly, others go so slowly? Some would say it depends on what you are doing, but if we do the same things every day, and I do smile, how is this?

 

Gosh what a bad housewife I have been today, I have not started our dinner. Hub due home in just over one hour too. I did iron four of his work shirts and seven, t-shirts though. Haha.

 

It was the big weigh in today and my numbers are still going in the right direction, though very slowly. But I don’t mind that as really I’m not killing myself, just half an hour on the Treadmill each day in fact sometimes I have a day off. Hub is spending forty minutes plus and he is eating nothing. He is losing the same amount of weight as me, it’s really funny as we both started on “Hum’Hum” 10lbs then both of us went to hum’hum eight and a quarter, then seven and a half and now I’m reading six and a quarter, so see if he says the same, if he does, that will be too funny. So see what I mean, in twelve days that is all I have lost, but it is going in the right direction and it is like carrying ten apples around on my body. I just need the hum’hum to read so much lower… haha. Hub hasn’t got too much to go on his hum’hum. He loses weight so fast. He wants the body beautiful for himself for our holidays. So do I,

 so he may give me it. Hehehehehe.

 

I couldn’t do the treadmill this morning, I just wasn’t feeling it. You have to be in a good fettle to be active. They say being active makes you feel better, but you really do have to feel the energy and I so wasn’t. Smile, there is always tomorrow.

 

Teen volunteering again this afternoon. I can’t motivate him to look for another job. He is talking about the forces again. So Hub told me to just tell him to go ahead. Hub says Teen knows it upsets me so Teen is doing it on purpose. So last night when he said he was going to join the navy, I just replied. “Go on, join the army.” Teen replied no, you get killed in the army. I told him, that is half the fun and excitement… Of course I was being flippant. But he knows I hate wars and I hate army’s. I do believe he is talking rubbish anyway, as he has a friend who would miss him too much and he would miss his friend I’m sure.

 

Last night we had just settled down in bed and we heard a car pull up. Teen left the house without telling us and a few texts later, he told me he was off to his friends who has just lost his Mum. I wasn’t best pleased as it was quarter to midnight. Half two before he came home. Though we have asked him to be in by midnight on Hubs work nights, he has taken no notice. It’s OK for him, he slept till one this afternoon, then got up in a hurry and left to drive to pick up a friend from work because there were no busses… Really? During the day?

 

Anyway, he came in, made some food, made some lunch to take to his volunteering and told me he would be back for dinner at six, then at seven he was going to the gym and at nine meeting his other friend. Yesterday he was a good lad, he painted our fence for us. He said it looks much better. I paid him for it though. It was cheaper than a painter would have been. I guess I could have done it as it’s an outside fence for goodness sake, where could I have gone wrong? Haha. Best not answer that.

 

Today as I woke up, I felt the heat from the sun on our window, opened my eyes and faced the dark days again. Fed up of this dark world.

 

Wagga is on new tablets for her joints, poor lass has to have two in the morning and two in the evening. Four a day until it get’s in her system. Then I think it’s two a day. The vet wanted £60 for the pills. I applied to Guide Dogs as I know that they get some tablets cheaper and guess what they get them for? £20. Perhaps that is what the vet get’s them for but charges us triple? Shocking isn’t it? So all guide dog owners out there, if a vet suggests pills for your dog, call Guide Dogs first and ask.

 

The house is so quiet without the Little Fella. Wagga has been in her bed for an hour and she is so small and makes no sounds even when she walks along the floors. LF is such a big lad with pounding paws, which he playfully ponders around the house looking for mischief.

 

Oh I read a funny headline today. Female horse riders who don’t wear sports bras could be stressing their horses. Haha. Oh bless the horses? I know of plenty of men with  moobs.

 

Remember our apple tree that was transplanted? It’s still alive. It has grown so much has lots of little apples on it but I think a combination of the wind and birds, it’s got fewer apples this week than last. Never mind, it’s still living and has experienced freedom as its branches are no longer trapped against the wall, as it’s planted in the middle of our garden so it’s allowed to literally branch out.

 

I read somewhere that it takes about 36 apples to make one gallon of cider. Perhaps that’s what the birds are doing with them? Hehehe.

 

Did you know that apples were members of the rose family? Apples are fat free and cholesterol free and one apple contains 5 grams of fibre. I also read that Granny Smith apples originated in Australia. Gosh I would have guessed England as Smith is a typical English name. But where do apple trees originate from? Go on have a guess? Think about it now?

Wrong, I will give you another go.

OK, here is the answer.

Central Asia. Again, I would have said England.

 

OK enough silliness. I shall go for now, but return tomorrow remember to email if you want me to write about anything in particular?


Later gators. X

No comments: