translate

Tuesday 27 October 2015

WINTER BELLS OF LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WINTER BELLS FOR LOVE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The snow swaddled the earth like a Mother would an infant child

The wind beat against my face it was so wild

The moon winked at me from the clouds above

My heart sang with me words of love

Silver stars danced in the moonlit sky

Icicles formed tears as though to cry

Shining brightly in blue

 Was the church we were to meet

Twas there you swept me off my feet

In your arms

With golden charms

Your frozen lips did melt

Deep emotions I felt

You were like God himself

As powerful

So beautiful

My heart was to you dutiful

Your hand in mine

We took the wine

We bowed our head

As we ate the bread

As far as I was concerned

We were there alone

I didn’t see the congregation

The wind howled its mighty objection

Through the old wooden building

My love for you was spilling

Overflowing

Inside I was warm

Outside it was snowing

It was for you I had been born

But we had to kiss goodnight

To the tune from the golden horn

And the beat of the drum

On a promise for more fun

A lifetime a head

A silver spoon we had been fed

As I felt blessed to the highest point

Our fingers joint

As your eyes waltzed in the reflection of mine

Together till the end of time

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: