translate

Monday 5 October 2015

THE SUMMIT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE SUMMIT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On the wing of the cloud

Feeling so proud

Flying high

No questions left how or why

Just accepting what comes along

Allow me to be carried by the breaze

Across golden autumn leaves

Into snowy mountain views

Over oceans green and blues

Enjoying the tidal crews

 White waves

Silver stars guiding the way

 Yellow moon at the end of the days

Navy nights tucking in my bed

Saying goodbye to false promises so dead

 Being able to see through fog in the haze

No more mistakes

 Receiving only praise

On the wing of the cloud

Feeling so proud

Being able to look around

Nothing in my way

Curtains opened

Nothing broken

Only truth spoken

Fresh air free from choking

Through the air as though one is floating

So free

No one can hurt me

Am I in a dream?

This feeling is so real

On the wing of a cloud

Feeling so proud

Butterflies flying inside my stomach

 Let’s hope they stay in flight

And never plummet

Have I reached the summit?

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: