translate

Thursday 22 October 2015

HOPE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HOPE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

After all these years

Still I find tears

A raised voice

I shiver without choice

My heart breaks in two

Memories time gone by with you

Fear still echoes

Will it ever leave me?

Who knows?

Broken bones beneath my clothes

But I stayed as it was you they chose

Clawing at the windows

 Knocking at doors

No one saw me

And no one was at home

Suffering in silence

A world of violence

Painted on smiles

Lessons and trials

Through tunnels so dark

And rivers so deep

Too tired to feel awake

Afraid to sleep

I climbed that mountain

Drank from a dirty fountain

My stomach curdled

I battled the hurdle

And came to the conclusion

With words of confusion

I had two choices

One to stay

The other to go away

But you would find me

  Tie me up and throw away the key

I was lame deaf and blind

Living in a world so unkind

I asked for help

To a God I have never met

Once again would I regret?

Trying to get free

Of what you were doing to me?

Then it was though

I was injected with cerium

What?

 I don’t know

I just knew I was on a journey

Away from the poison you were feeding me

Yu saw a light inside of me

It was lit with determination

On a platform now at the station

A one way ticket from humiliation

My bruises would heal

Torn skin would peal

New would grow

I didn’t have a clue where I would go

And then a knight

Came on his horse

And my life had a new course

Inside I felt a force

Where it came from I didn’t care

But I had respect and wanted to share

The love I was given

From a far

It was time for living

Under that shining star

A wing glided over

Streams of life and fields full of clover

Paddocks with lucky horseshoes

No more winter blues

Words of I love you’s

Crystal views

And clear hearing

 Lost screams replaced by cheering

Steps forward

Memories still sadly go backwards

But I for one know

That there is hope

 

 Copywrite Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: