translate

Saturday 10 October 2015

CAKE AND A CUPPER


Good morning it’s Saturday and as I’m typing, my baby Wagga is being bathed. Yesterday’s walk involved rolling in something not so pleasant and the smell? Oh my goodness. Bless her she was rubbed down with a towel sprayed brushed and all over again, then we knew it was more

serious than just a roly poley.

 

Hub is out there with Wagga shampoo towels and more. I wonder who will come in more wet? Hahahahah. I’m so not going out there. He keeps calling for me and I do go to see if he is Okay, but thankfully so far it’s not been anything like can you hold Waggs whilst I wash her?

 

I remember not more than a year ago when we had our three dogs. My old retired Guide dog BB Hubs lovely LC and my little Wagga, new guide dog. I bathed all three of them on my own; it was in our old bath. So a lot of lifting. And our LC was a Hu’uu’uu’ge beastie girl. Little Black Beauty was a stout Labrador and hated being put into the bath. Funny thing is, she loved the river and lake swimming. Even the ocean. Whereas little Waggs? I think she was stunned as it was the first bath I gave her and not sure if she had one at her puppy walkers, she probably got hosed.

 

As for my walk yesterday? My friend Artie came, bless her she came armed with delicious cakes chocolate and orange. I had to try them? It would be rude not to… But first the Wagga walk. Through mud and squidgy grass she absolutely had a fantastic time. It was a beautiful day and the sun was kind to us.

 

We came into our avenue of all sorts spoke with some neighbours and home.

 

A cup of tea a couple of slices of cake and a good old chat.

 

She, Artie, is so sweet and interesting. She spoke of her break in France. She went away on a art weekend. She described the village where she stayed. The house where the art classes took part sounded so idyllic. Windows ceiling to floor arch shaped with an enormous kitchen with a wooden farmhouse table that seated twelve people.  There were passionfruit trees and stunning blooms with vegetables growing. Artie spoke of the painting that she did and the French markets and bakeries, reminding me of our summer in the south of France. Those few days were simply beautiful.

 

Oh the day of a blind person. Well, I burned myself in our oven…. I don’t do this every day, thankfully. But I would say about once every month. And it’s always the same way. I put my hands stupidly in the oven to pull out a tray. Now I do have my hands in a towel. But the backs of my hands hit the metal singeing rack above. Next thing my brother in law brought me some plants. Yucca plants. I doubt that is how you spell them, but basically they are really dangerous. They have razor like leaves and as I bent down to pick something up guess what got stabbed?

My eye.

Of course I sent him an ever so slightly sick text reading.

“I have just been stabbed in the eye by one of your plants. I think I have blinded myself.”

There was no answer. I think he didn’t get my sense of humour. Hahahahhaha. Seriously though, it kills.

 

So what planned for today? Not sure. Nothing outside of the house unless we go to cut our roses down. The guy came to price up the garden for us, never came back with a price. I asked my neighbour to tell the truth. I wanted to know was our garden in such disrepair? He said no, it was one of the best in our street. I was shocked. He said “No, honestly, its lovely, really tidy in comparison to most around here.

 

So I know that it’s not too daunting for them, so what is the problem?

 

Well, enjoy your weekend. Wherever you are. X

           

No comments: