translate

Friday 23 October 2015

FRIDAYS BLOG BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have ironed all day. Then made dinner. It’s chicken, roast potatoes, carrots and sprouts. I have cleaned the floors after smashing a glass on our glass table. Funny when I had sight, I would have never bought a glass table. Now I can’t see, so who cares if I can see the edge or not?

 

The glass was one of those really tall glasses and basically I didn’t know it was there, I slightly knocked it and bang.

Mind you, slightly? I am not sure I can slightly do anything, my Mum used to say.

“Our Fiona. She’s like a bull in a china shop…..”

Hehehehehe I wonder, what experience did she have with bulls in china shops?

 

Oh it’s so dull out there, really dreary. Hasn’t rained yet but feels damp to the bone.

 

I have done some on line food shopping today gosh, its getting so expensive to shop here in the UK well, if you can’t get out that is, as I am stuck with two shops that are accessible. Asda, wake up please you need my business. We spend about £105 on average per week. Today though I went to our local shop where it’s a little hitty missy and if it’s in it’s in. If you get what I mean?

 

I brought back a huge shopping bag, my cloth bag Hub bought me, or I should say got as a freebee last Christmas. He bought me two, Radley hand bags and he got that for free. I love it. It’s huge and it’s a good job as today, I bought sprouts I’m not kidding, they are like a sack of potatoes. I didn’t know as the lovely guy at the shop who was walking around with me pick them up, popped them in the basket then straight into my big shopping bag. I did wonder how it was so heavy. I just put it down to the milk. Well, Hub just said when he saw the bag as he came for a coffee “What on earth are we going to do with all of those sprouts?” I joked and said sprout soup?

 

Yack.

As for teens dried pasta? Again. You should see the size of the bag?

 

Teen due in in half an hour. Hub still working and its after five, he has been writing all day. And made half a dozen phone calls.

 

Did I tell you I have started Christmas shopping? It’s ridiculous. But I have so many people to buy for and don’t want to leave it till last minute. But my dear friend Julie is coming on the 20th of November. Can’t wait. So we will hit the shops then and on Tuesday, Hub is seeing his daughter and I bet he goes shopping with her. He is seeing her new place. She has a cottage. It’s linked with her job. She has a scholarship with the Cathedral. She is sharing with another guy who also has a job at the same place. All very grown up, but I suspect that she has looked after herself for a while now. The little one seems to be OK, I’m glad as was worried about her not being with her big sister as much. Oh, they are growing up too fast.

 

As for Hubs work? Hmm. Memories of a past neither of us wish to follow. He is working in the same town as he did when he worked at his last job. I never thought he would go back there. He said he never ever wanted to put his foot in that town again. And he is. On Tuesday. But at least he will see our girl so there is a light at the end of the dark day.

 

I’m going into Hubs office one day next week again. I love it. I love the guys in there they are so lovely and warm. It’s really like a family. I love the fact that Hub works there too.

 

I just don’t like it when he branches out. He can’t seem to stick to a simple job. I guess for his brain, it’s a good thing they are asking him to do more work. As long as his team don’t suffer. He says no way they will. They are his babies. Well, hmm. He keeps having babies. As he I bet will take on more work.

 

Teen has had a long day at work he’s not in yet but will be soon. He has been out of the house since just before eight today and won’t be in till about six.

 

He told me the other day that he wishes he had enough money to be able to clothe the homeless for the winter. Funny, since he was a little boy he has had such empathy towards homeless people. I don’t know where that comes from?

 

I don’t know how they do it, especially in the winter, but a lot of them are alcoholics or drug abusers and I’m sorry if this is harsh, but I have no empathy sympathy whatever for people like that, especially as there is help out there and they don’t get it. I feel for those who don’t have self-inflicting illnesses or diseases    

 

OK. Whilst the night closes on this autumn day, outside I close the door to the sweet smell of our roses that are drooping with end of season syndrome and the stench of the log fires fill the foggy cool air, my heating I shall turn on, with the lamps around the house to make it cosy for teen coming home. I will talk with you tomorrow; I can’t wait for a chat with you. Missing you already. With love. Keep safe and warm. 

 

No comments: