translate

Monday 26 October 2015

OCTOBER DIARY


October. Our clocks in the UK changed during the night the early hours of Sunday. So now it’s dark at six and though the darkness no longer bothers me, the feeling of not being able to sit outside, does.

 

Why on earth do we want darker nights? Why? They say it’s for the farmers. Well, as my blog said yesterday when it comes to murdering geese, stuff the farmers. OK. May have lost me two Bloggets, I hope not as one of them used to be a boyfriend. Haha. Many many years ago way back when….

 

Today the sun shines through my window. I haven’t been out today so cabin fever setting in but at least my Wagga got out yesterday. Tomorrow I have to pop to the shop early to buy some tuna for teen. He lives on that. Tuna and pasta. I can’t keep up. Seems like only a week ago I bought him eight cans, and he had non for work today, so missing at least one. I really should go now and perhaps I will as tomorrow may be raining.

 

My eldest Niece is coming with her two children. So, my great Nephew and Niece and an addition that is rather making my Teen excited. They have a puppy German Shepard. Oh that will be the cutest thing in the world. I wonder if they will realise they don’t have it in their car if I hide her? Just a little toy for Waggatail? Well, think of the money she will save if she leaves it with Great Aunt Fi?

Just a thought.

 

Yesterday afternoon I made a huge quiche and a mince pie. There is nothing left. No wonder Hub and I look like two wobbling penguins. OK. One side may be a little more on the wobbly side, but hey ho.

 

Our weekend really went far too fast. I didn’t like it. We didn’t do anything other than try to tidy our garden. Hmm. Are you sitting comfortably, waiting for the gardener saga?

Well, my man is a great gardener. Brilliant at whatever he does. Either patio path or fence. We have been trying to get him since December 2013 He told me to call back in the spring. I did. He by then was fully booked. He said to call back late summer. I did, he didn’t reply. So January 2014, I called again. He said he would come in April. He didn’t. So I text him so many times. Summer, he said to call after holiday. I did. He had a bad back. So December 2014 he told me he would be at mine first. No. nothing.

 Now into fifteen. All year he has said he would come. At last two weeks ago, he came out. He said he would price it up. Now he told me he charged £15 per hour. Hmm. After eleven days he told me my tiny garden would be £204

That’s a lot of hours? He is the best and I can trust his work so we said yes and if you remember we were quoted over £3000 early summer. So £204 was better. Not too sure thirteen and a half hours though will be spent on my garden? Unless I’m being charged for the neighbours, next door, and the door after? I said OK. We will pay no trouble. He then text me back to tell me he couldn’t do it.

Oh I was furious. I text back telling him how disappointed I was and how I thought when he did our drive. He promised he would maintain it at a cost. Now he is going back on his word. I said that I wouldn’t bother him again but how sad I was as he is the best. He wrote back, suddenly he had time in November. Hmm. Will he? Let’s see, I’m not contacting him again. I really hope he will come and all will be fine, Hub and I really tried in the garden yesterday but failed miserably. November is only days away.

 

I asked teen if he would cut the roses for us. Once again Hub tried but when you have to feel them it’s not pleasant. We shall see if he does them. As this week is the last week for our garden bin. No more collection for at least half a year. And we have no way of getting rid of the foliage.

 

Once again, not sure teen will do the roses. In fact I’m almost sure he won’t. I wish I could bloody see.

 

I read a story yesterday about lady who went to her local food shop where she was told she wasn’t allowed her guide dog. She explained that it was a guide dog and he told her in a rude manner to leave. Now as she said, her confidence has been shattered. If only people knew what we went through to step out of the door. To get to her goal and be humiliated like that. In front of other customers. She said that she doesn’t want to go to that shop again. Poor lady. I feel for her.

 

Hub on a train to in his words a dark place tomorrow. Where he used to live. He is going to help out at an office there. He also is meeting with his eldest daughter, so at least some light at the end of the day.

 

It’s that time of year again when I try to talk with you all about elderly people. Please give a thought for those living on their own? For those who have just had to place their spouse in a home for the elderly?

 

There is nothing worse than feeling alone. Sometimes people seem to have a big family an yet they are left alone. Unable to leave the house. I oftern talk about blind people who can’t leave their homes, so I know what this is like, but spare a thought for your elderly neighbour too? One day it could be you.

 

It is worrying Hub and I about Hubs Dad. When our brother leaves for Australia, we really don’t know how he will cope. We have another brother but the one leaving for Australia, spent so much time with his Dad. They were like best friends. I fear my Father in law will go downhill fast. I hope I’m proven wrongly. It’s a funny one, as my father in law goes far to his caravan in Scotland, and yet we live half that distance away, but he never comes here unless he is with my brother in law. I will miss our brother so much. To get to my Father in laws house, it’s a taxi, train, and then a pick up. Now, normally my brother in law would collect us from the station. It’s half an hour drive from there. But now he will be going to Au, that can’t happen. My father in law, his sight isn’t good now with old age. How he gets to Scotland is beyond me. So not sure it’s the safest thing to be collected by him and my other brother in law works so many hours.

 

Last time, teen took us through. Its forty five minutes in the car. To do taxi train and car, it’s about one and a half hours. Each way of course. What we will have to do is get a taxi from the station to Dads house. It will be a costly day but one we will have to make. I do worry about him so much though.

 

Our brother is leaving for Australia before Christmas. I wish him well. He is a lovely guy. Apart from of course when he is shooting geese…

 

Teen just rang to let me know he won’t be doing the roses tomorrow. He may on Wednesday  

 

Must arrange a get together with my friend Geordie. Missing her. Been weeks since I saw her. Also Di my neighbour not had time to turn around so much writing to do. I finished the speeches and poem I was asked to write this morning. I can’t publish it as it is especially for this lovely couple who asked me to keep it only for them. It’s a shame; it’s so lovely and left me with a warm feeling.

 

Sometimes it’s funny, I’m asked to write for a wedding for a couple. I talk with them and it is so obvious that they are not right for one another and then I have to write a poem about being together forever and in love….. That is called a challenge. As I can’t just put words together I have to make the reader be there in the same place as the words…

 

Hub and I have been watching the UKs X Factor.

What a load of rubbish. Really, I don’t quite know what on earth has gone on this year. The way in which it’s produced is simply awful. The music is so loud during the judges talking; we can’t hear what they are saying. It is so manic. I guess they are trying to aim for a younger audience. Hmm. Well, I think they have lost us to oldies.

 

Just received another call. This time for a talk I have been asked to do so another speech. This time to another school. Checking my diary, this is two in a row. Two days in a row that is. Well, on day one, it is a good rehearsal for Waggs for day two.

 

Also received another text which saddened me. I will let you know when others have been told…. Let’s just say, plans have been squished….

 

A strange start to what I hope to be an OK week, though lots on our minds. Hub and I are going through another chapter. No one can say our lives have not faced challenges and new beginnings. Good job we love one another so much.

 

Before I go, some time to reflect.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced   

Soren Kierkegaard

 

Do not dwell on the past, your history can not be erased, but your future has yet to be written, so make the most of what is going to happen instead of worrying about what you cannot change.

 

“Why hang onto heavy baggage? Put it down, your heart won’t cope with it. Your mind hurts with it. Your eyes cry with the weight. Your body doesn’t need it.”  

Fiona Cummings

With love.

No comments: