translate

Thursday 15 October 2015

DIARY OF LESSONS AND HOPE


Good afternoon Bloggets. Well Jack Frost certainly has made his presents known this morning. After all night rain, it’s a cold damp morning with a bit of a nip in the air. Jack shouldn’t even be here not until November at the earliest. Some parts of Europe have had snow already.  My heating is on. It’s no longer raining but really cold and dull out there.

 

Some would ask how I know it’s dull? It’s a feeling I get along with a lot of other blind people. Your bones talk to you and we of course don’t feel the sun so know it’s not sunny, and there is a thin blanket over us when we are out there so that is the only way I can explain what I mean.

 

I did my first public talk yesterday the first one in four years. Last time was in America at a lovely breakfast men’s club. Sounds a little wrong that, I can tell you they were men from the lovely church my friends attended with the wonderful Pastor Chuck.

 

Last night was a talk to Girl Guides though there was a lovely man there who I think was a University student, I guess was there to help out.

 

I really was dreading how Wagga was going to behave, but thankfully she was absolutely perfect. The children were adorable. So well behaved. Afterwards they all came for a cuddle with Wagga. I hope a successful evening. I will be doing more of these evenings I think and in November I’m talking to a school with 280 children.  Not sure how those questions will work out? May be there for a while. Smile. I’m sure beforehand they will pick the most popular questions, though, I love it when they are random. Kids are so open. I love the difference in the psyche of the groups I speek with. When I give talks to adults, they presume and start their questions

“I would imagine”

But children ask. I guess their imaginations have never had time to develop such situations.

 

I used to give talks to women’s groups and business men. And love the challenge of differentiating between groups of people. For example, I can’t talk to children in the same manner as I would business men. And talking to women’s groups is also so very different to talking to business people. I say men as it was a men only group. The versatility intrigues me. The only thing is, last night was the first time I spoke representing Guide Dogs, and I just hope I was Okay, as that was more out of my comfort zone as talking about politics or history to adults.

 

My canary that’s Irish you know….. Is singing his little beak off again. How does he not deafen himself? He is so tiny a yet so noisy.

 

Well, my Son just made some sound. I thought he was getting up as it is by the way almost one in the afternoon….. But no. It’s all gone quiet in the lion’s den again. I guess who can blame him as he has had a long few days at work and is back again tomorrow, also working Sunday. Hub has a funny working day today. He was working from home, then went by taxi to meet with two colleagues at the train station then will go by the same taxi to work. He has two days of talks with them at his office.

 

I spent a day in Hubs office the other day volunteering. He has such a lovely team. But for the past two days I have had to play catch up with housework. I would rather go to the office as clean though. Haha.

 

Britain is facing the worst power cuts in a decade. Great. Where’s me generator? I have always wanted one of those. I find them cosy….

Okay, I have just realised how weird that sounds? Will I take that comment out? Naha.

 

A simple USB stick created by a Russian security researcher known as ‘Dark Purple’ “Well know guessing who his favourite group were, or, are?” can instantly fry any machine lap top or TV.

 

I mean, why? Why would you be proud to create that? Unless you just want rid of your history on your computer? But if in the wrong hands could be disastrous.

 

Ebola, well, a nurse who came back to the UK last year with the condition was treated and sadly she is once again critically ill in hospital.

I read about a two year old boy, who was in a restaurant with his parents and choked on a grape. Sadly he died. That is almost unbelievable? I read further into the story as I thought surely it can’t just have been choking? But no, it was at Pizza Hut where the poor little boy choked and later in hospital after being in a comber, died.

 

He must have swallowed it whole, and it blocked his windpipe? Gosh, that is totally tragic.

 

There is a new birth control for pets which could make spaying and neutering a thing of the past.

 

For Halloween there is a new orange wine available. Not sure about that one…

There are trials for a new pill that will offer you the same benefits of exercising if you can’t do it yourself….. Not sure about that one?

 

Finally, if you have breast cancer, please ask about a one day treatment called Intraoperative radiation therapy.

 

Two words today from my blog would have to be lessons and hope.

 

Later dear Bloggets. X

No comments: