translate

Friday 30 October 2015

FI'S FRIDAY FROCKS


Well, not happy. Really, I can’t understand why in the UK you have to be a size skinny to receive pretty clothes that are something other than ordinary? Just been looking at some exquisite clothing online.

 So detailed so beautiful, so feminine, so fashionable, so colourful, and so little.

 

When I visited the US, the clothes there were really nice, Okay, not quite as detailed as what I have just been looking at, but still, very lovely in comparison to what I buy in fat sizes. So I have more skin than you slender ladies, it still blooming needs covering up, in fact more so!

 

Funny how grand buildings, are that? Grand. But Fatso’s have to be frumpy. OK there are companies out there, who sell larger clothes, but I have tried them and really, I’m not quite sure who they model on when designing?

 

I received trousers / jeans that were so enormous in the leg I thought I had bought a duvet cover. So I find slim fit, and the waistband is half way down my derriere. Believe me Bloggets, that isn’t a good look. Well, I say to myself. Why not stick with the derriere look as your long limbs look good in them and hide under an oversized top?   Em. Nope. No can do as the tops are so short in the body they look as though they have shrunk in the wash before even wearing let alone washing. They are so short; one has to study to know which way to put the dam thing on. It’s only the fact it has arms at each side that give it away.

 

OK. Rant coming to an ending.  So I typed in velvet. A great material I feel for the winter. I love the feel of it and the look. As long as it’s not like your Nannas lounge curtains. After page fourteen, I decide there are no clothes that will come close to my size unless I do what a lot of my friends do and buy small to say you are in a size 12 but in reality, you should be at least five sizes larger so you end up looking like a burst potato sack. I find myself looking at hand bags. Oh I saw a beautiful one. A designer bag in the sale, it’s getting better the description is. Long handled multi coloured velvet hand bag.

Nice, rich for Christmas an yet colourful. Long so practical. I can fling it over my head/shoulder as I’m using my cane or holding onto Waggatail, whilst I have a shopping bag in the other hand. Pretty practical, perfect. Right?

 

Hmm. Then I read a more detailed description. And learn the flipping bag isn’t at all velvet. Its cotton.

 

OK rant really is over now…. Few.

 

How are you all doing? Got any nice plans for the weekend? I’m waiting for my handy man. My aunt came in August. Or was it early September? Can’t remember but I have been asking my lovely handy Andy to come ever since to put a clock up for me and do something with our alarm. He said he would come last week. I text he said sorry next week. I am still waiting and its Friday. I’m about to get my hammer out. Thing is, I could go through a pipe, knowing me I would.  Also the clock is glass. It needs a good hook. It’s pretty, and red and I stupidly put the batteries in the first week I bought it…. By the time it gets hung on the wall. I will need to find new ones.

 

I know Handy Andy will come eventually; he’s a great guy, as is my man who said two years ago he would do my garden. Hahaha oh I found a great joiner too, he was brilliant, and again, I need to give him six months’ notice. Now, who is left? Oh yes how could I forget my toothless painter? Now he does come Okay, he goes too. And takes some time to return, I think because he goes to the pub and forgets where he was beforehand. That is another thing, the pub, when I met him, he was OK. Drank at weekends. Hmm is there a pattern developing? Did I drive him to drink? Hahahahaha. Oh, as for my window cleaners. Really nice guys but I think they must do time…. I’m not joking. They come and go away for six months. Come back and again, half a year goes by and yet when they are here, I ask them if they could come back earlier? They say all full of sincerity. “Oh, yes sure will be back in a month……”

Perhaps they suffer from dyspraxia?

 

Well, two men I can rely on. My Hub and my teen for dinner….. It’s me who has a problem there. Poor teen came in from a long shift at work yesterday it was nine in the evening. I served his dinner, he ate it told me it was delicious bless him, unlike the stew that went in the bin from his plate the night before. Anyways, it was this morning I discovered a dish of roast potatoes I forgot to put on teens plate last night. Bless him, chicken pie, carrots sprouts and?

No spuds, that’s for sure.

 

Well I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Talk very soon. X

No comments: