translate

Tuesday 20 October 2015

SILVER TO GOLD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SILVER TO GOLD

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It was paper

Leading all the years to silver

In our wedding favour

Should have said nothing lasts forever

Like a brick thrown to the stomach

And giant claw to my heart

Never did I think we would part

Down on one knee

The words you said to me

It was my dream

It was you I would marry

But changes were put in place

You saw the lines upon my face

No longer had my curves attracted you

And tears replaced my eyes of blue

So I’m older

As are you

Our winters are colder

From our window is a foggy view

But these lips still want to kiss you

These arms are open wide

So I took you for granted

Feelings I did hide

Can’t you forgive me?

And come back in a hurry

For it still is you

I want to marry

I don’t need this new course

I’m being forced

Into a divorce

I don’t want to sign my name

On your new game

From our wedding favour

To a separation paper

On the dotted line

It’s so final

From a suite saying Bridal

To a single bed

Rich dresses turn into a thread

You are my idol

But now I have a rival

Who is making me change my title?

From Mrs to miss

I so need your kiss

We swore on the Bible

We would stay through better or worse

I felt like gold

Now with an empty purse

 As though I have been cursed

Where do I go now?

These lines on my brow

But still my heart beats for you

What do I do now?

At nights who will I talk with

Christmas time

Gifts I have to give

Empty parcels

On my shelf

Alone

By myself

 

 

“I was asked to write this and told I could publish it. For those who are going through a sad divorce. I didn’t like writing it. It was so sad. But, this was written just over a year ago for a lady, now she asked me to publish it, as she felt so bad at the time, didn’t know if she could carry on. Now? She once again has found love. As though it was all meant to happen and she was meant to meet with her new man.

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: