translate

Friday 16 October 2015

DIARY OF ANGRY FI


 Good day to you my dear Bloggets. Well loads to chat about today in my blog. Firstly it’s been four weeks since we had to say goodbye to our beautiful Long Chops AKA Suki.  All night I had nightmares. I had a very odd experience I don’t really want to talk about right now, but it’s left me feeling quite odd for the day now and I’m really tearful. The pain isn’t as rore, but it’s as bad. Gosh, I miss her so much and Hub isn’t really coping with it either.

 

We have had some beautiful messages from you though and on my Husbands Just giving page, he has received donations which touched not only my heart but his too. Your generosity has been overwhelming. I hope we can raise the money to name another little puppy guide dog after our girl. Hub is going to do his first challenge and we hope to put it on the Just Giving website if we can get one of Hubs colleagues to do such a trick? I hope my friend Wendy knows enough to be able to do this, unless she will be too busy with the waxing strip?

 

Each time I come down stairs my heart sinks. I so badly want to cuddle her one more time? I can still feel her and oh gosh, it hurts to know it’s all in my mind.

 

Today I went out with Wagga, how lucky am I to be able to do this? Our outings are even more restricted now without our super dog. I hope it won’t be long before Hub gets another dog. I feel so bad for those people on the waiting list. If someone needs glasses, how would they feel if they were told they had to wait two years before they could have them? Well, for a lot of people in the UK this is what it’s like being on the list for a Guide Dog. As Guide Dogs as you may know by other blogs, is a charity and I can tell you now, if not for the publics generosity, I really really dare not even think about how blind people in the UK would manage? I’m serious. We would have to be in some kind of full time care. This sounds extreme. But a lot of blind people are not equipped to use the internet to do things like online grocery shopping. And guess what? If you do want to use your computer as a blind person, apart from paying for your lap top, back to bank and withdraw another £700 plus to make your computer talk. Oh, that is if you can get to your bank to sort out your finances and receive a payment card, but how do you order it? If you don’t have the software to make your tech talk?

 

Hub is on the list for a My Guide volunteer, but, there is only one, in our town now. Just one for all the blind people of this area. My Guide is a service that is so useful for those waiting for a guide dog, for those newly blind or just for company to people who don’t get out or can’t without assistance.

 

Now four, or perhaps five weeks ago, I put a collection badge box in our local chemist. I thought the chemist would be the best place. Apart from most shops these days won’t accept collection boxes, I hoped that because it’s a chemist, a lot of people will go in there who are elderly and older people are more charitable and they tend to carry cash oppose to a card.

 

So a pound for a little badge of a black dog paw. The box had forty badges in. I went today to collect it as it has been in there as I say about four or five weeks.  

 

I brought it home and there were badges left in…. Now remember there were forty in the box. Guess how many I brought home?

 

25!

I am sorry. I’m bloody angry. Okay, I shouldn’t be. I should be grateful and for those people who put their coins in the box, to you fifteen people I’m so grateful to you. But £15 in four plus weeks? Really?

 

Ok, I have to calm down. I’m really on the edge today. I need to think positive. My Niece sent me a beautiful message last night and said she is coming to visit us soon. And on our Just Giving page, we are almost up to £1,000. And this is all down to you, and some lovely colleagues of Hubs. For that I can’t thank you enough. That is a positive. My darling Son is doing well at work. And thank God he is getting there by his car safely. Now my heart is in my mouth each day about that, but he is kind enough to text me when he arrives. We won’t talk about him pulling out of our drive today in the dark at six in the morning and banging straight into our recycle bins with his car….

I wouldn’t care; he blooming put them there last night. Hahaah.

 

Did I tell you he bought me some stunning flowers yesterday? Oh bless him.

 

Gosh the traffic today going to the shops was really awful. I do wonder about the dog’s health low to the ground with all of that pollution. I also wonder if that is how so many guide dogs die with cancer? As not all dogs like pet dogs work or walk in towns/cities?

 

I can’t believe it, I am thinking about Christmas shopping. I have been looking on line. Sadly, Amazon UK is really not good anymore for screen reader. It’s possible to work it out but not as easy as it used to be.

 

Our gardener still hasn’t been. I have sent him two texts this week. We haven’t even got a price from him. I think it’s awful as he did our drive and path and we asked him to come and do the sand between the bricks. He said when he did the drive when we moved in, he would be back to do this. Hmm. I will phone him this weekend and see what he says. I mean, he came out, so why not just finish the job by doing something? I don’t want to wait till there is frost. He’s a good guy just obviously like all the other gardeners doesn’t want to work on such a small project.

 

Did I tell you I ordered some clothes the other day? I have piled on the weight and everything I have is so tight. I order and hope. Hope that A, the clothes will be nice. And B, they fit. As the description online is awful and of course I don’t see the pictures, so the writing read for a jumper I bought.

“30 inches long. Long sleeved. Lilac multi.”

So, multi? OK. Thick, thin? Round neck, cowl neck? V neck?

 

I bought quotes, black shirt. That was all it read. Well, my jumper came. It’s beautiful fits perfect and is lovely and warm. I asked teen what colour it is, he told me lilac with blue flecks in it…. As for the shirt? It’s awful. No way would I have bought it. Its perfect fit again but it’s like what your granny would wear.

 

Oh please bring a treatment for Retinitis Pigmentosa, in fact for all those who are blind? And who want to see.

 

I’m off now to bake. I’m making a mince pie and a large quiche. Teen will be delighted as will Hub as they love them.

 

Oh, and I hope to get a clock hung up on the wall today as once again, I have been waiting five weeks with a glass clock I bought, but hopefully today will be the day when my handy Andy comes and hammers a nail into my wall. I’m so afraid to do it as I might go through a pipe knowing my luck…..

 

Let me know what you are up to this weekend. Us? Nothing new. But I hope to get our office sorted. Hubs idea of that is to bin everything. Haha. And in a couple of weeks, I hope to go and see our besties that will be brilliant. Oh and the big news of the family. And I can tell you this added to my mood today. Just found out that my brother in law, the one with the plants, and the only one out of the two we see, as our other brother works so much, bless him, well, though we only see our brother in law or, I should say, Hubs brother, about three times per year, well, that now is ending too.

 

He has been accepted into Australia. So hopes to leave the UK before Christmas. I’m really upset about that. He’s a big bear with a lovely heart.

 

That just leaves on Hubs side him, and his other brother as for his sister? She doesn’t exist. Not for us or our other brother who will be staying in the UK. Its funny those in Australia want to come to the UK and we want to go there…

 

Okay, love to you all have a lovely peaceful weekend. X

 


   

No comments: