translate

Sunday 11 October 2015

A DAY IN A & E


Today isn’t a day I would have wanted for anyone. A day of rest? I don’t think so. Little did I know when I woke up this morning, just what I would be doing this Sunday.

 

Teen was up early. A day off for him too? Nope. Sadly not. Well, if you remember I told you that I had burned myself the other day on the oven, nothing out of the ordinary about once a month I do this. On the same day I bent down to pick up a plant from the floor to clean under it and move to the other side of the room.

 

It was one of the plants that my Brother in law brought me the week before. A Yucca plant. They have leaves like sharp razors. As I bent down, I poked myself in the eye. A stupid thing to do. It really really hurt. So I had scratched my lens? Hub told me when he came in from work, to get myself to the Drs the very next day. But Doctors, I’m allergic to them. I really really almost have to be dying to go to a medic.

 

Next day, my eye got worse. My friend Artie came and she said that my eye wasn’t red, so I thought, great, I’m Okay. Well, yesterday it got worse again and the pain was awful as well as uncomfortable, feeling the cut big time, I felt as though I had something floating about in my eye. Like a crumb. Then there was the sand under my lid and the finger permanently in my eye. Metaphorically of course.

 

So today day two of it being at its worst, waking up to a face full of fluid! Teen said it was red rore . Hub told me to go to the chemist at our big shop. The local chemist is closed at weekends, so I asked teen to drive me to the other one. Thankfully he did without an issue.

 

It was at our big chemist I felt sick. Sick because I was told the news I didn’t want to hear, or believe.

 

She told me to go to A & E. As soon as possible. So back home got some money and went with my Son to our hospital. Paid a fortune to park in the hospital car park and in we went.

 

I can’t stand our hospitals. I wish I had money to go private. They were very nice, and asked me to take a seat after I told them all of my details. But I still hate them.

 

As we sat, my name was called. This was great as Teen just read the board and it read we had a two and a half hour to wait. Well, she asked me the same questions I had already been asked then told me to go back and wait. This was after asking who teen was. I felt like telling her he was my toy boy, as not quite sure why she needed to know.

 

He had been to the gym so wasn’t as spruced up as normal. He also was rather ill. Hub had something for a week. Gave it to me now our Son has it.

 

Well, we waited and waited. One hour two hour and more.

 

Teen said there were people in the waiting area who were bleeding. I mean, how disgraceful? There was a man who was throwing up. Constantly regurgitating. Where was it going? I’m not sure and didn’t want to ask teen as not a pleasant thing to look at. But from what I could hear, seemed to be going on the floor. There were children in there waiting all that time and a guy next to me with a broken wrist. He was in agony. A lady was coughing constantly coughing. Like a dry cough. Oh it was so bad. And the place got fuller and more so as the time went by.

 

Name after name was being called. At last those two magic words were shouted. My name. I went in to the smallest cubical. After three hours waiting. A guy went by when I was behind the curtain and asked my Doctor where the box was with the cross on it to put his Mum in?

Really? Why and how awful? I guess he meant a cubical, but they really are like boxes. They are a tiny room remember when I had to go for physio a couple of years ago and the man / Physiotherapist had to climb over the top of me? Hahaha. Oh my word I was flabbergasted. In fact my Flab has never been so gassted.  No room to go around the bed. Well today Teen had to step out to let the Doctor past. Crazy.

 

Anyway, did my eye have a scratch on the lens? No. Had some plant damaged my cornea? No. So I had an infection, right? Answer? No.

 

So the red eye, the floods of water from my eye and the pain is all in my mind? Smile. Well I was so pleased I was OK but hope he gave me correct diagnoses.

 

Teen brought me home and now I’m chilling. Poor Hub has been doing all of my house work but now its night time and we are about to watch strictly come dancing. It’s a TV competition, why are us two blindies watching a dance show? The musicians are fantastic. The judges are really funny, oh, and the singer Peter Andre is on as a dancer and Andrea Bocelli is singing too. So I don’t see my Peter Andre my guilty pleasure dancing, but I hear him talking in between dances. I don’t see Andrea who I used to love to watch when I could see, but my mind still remembers how he looked so many years ago, when he was young, I guess now he is old but not in my head. So a night in with my first and forever love, and my guilty pleasures. Poor baby Teen ill in bed. He has been my hero today.

 

With love until tomorrow, lots to talk about then. X

No comments: