translate

Wednesday 2 September 2015

R.I.P


This is what I wrote one yeare ago today

R.I.P Hannah 2 September 2014

Whilst my heart is broken, and my stomach aches with a loss I will never forget, I now today for the first time, feel like I can write. My world is in a haze and I breathe smell and walk through motions of life, an yet can’t live without suffering.

To some my BB was just a dog, to me she was life. She took me from a dreadful state in life many years ago to a whole new world of less confusion and a sense of freedom

She was the love when I didn’t have any from a partner and apart from my Son, a family when I dreadfully missed my parents. She was always there no matter what. She knew when I was low and played when I, had time. She herself was a prisoner to me, chained to me, but I was a loving warden who didn’t want to ever let her free to the beyond where we don’t understand.

But I really hope she has found a perfect place to live now, and I hope she will get looked after as she was a shy little girl and kept away from trouble and conflict. I have really fallen out with my belief of afterlife an God or our maker of late because of so many things going on right now, but where else has she gone?

The lump in my throat is huge. The ulcer in my stomach burns and my tiered stained face is cut.

My Husband has been amazing, as he too is suffering; our dogs have been until today really odd. So quiet and haven’t wanted to play, though to try to get them out of their depression, we have tried to play with them.

Putting two dogs to bed and shouting for two dogs to go out, feeding two dogs rather than three, and missing so much of what my BB/ Hannah used to do. The pet names we had for her too. It’s horrible, excruciating. I have lost pets before but my first guide dog, and what she meant to me. She was so unique. She used to lay down, with her little legs crossed like a real lady. I felt her amber eyes though couldn’t see them; the love she projected from them was so warm.

I want so much to get a sign that she is OK. But so far nothing.

First poem was written eight months before she died, when she retired.

Second, a year ago today.

Hannah and I took our last walk today and a sad day it was.

I have cried so much

 

PAWS 4 THOUGHT

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I was in your shadow

It was you I was to follow

Such pride you did show

I am so grateful for you, you know

I put on my coat and shoes

Inside my nerves I knew I would lose

But you put your little head in my hand

Patiently you did seem to understand

And the world was ours

You gave me powers

You gave me hope

Unleashed the rope

You showed me love and happiness

Oh my little beauty our days I will miss

For ten years my loyal friend

With me until the end

You were my first guide

It’s not been an easy ride

But we got there my little Labrador

Now my tears hit the floor

As I have to hang up your lead

My heart does bleed

Your harness will be handed back

As I say thank you to my beauty in black

Kiss your head

And shake your paw

Make you a comfortable bed

And we will play forever more

Your working days are over

But my love will show forever

Thank you my darling Hannah

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2013

 

ANGEL BEAUTY

BY

FIONA CUMMINGS

A perfect peaceful place

Sunshine on your face

Water by your side

Laying on a blanket

All calm so very quiet

No more pain

A forever game

Your favourite toy

You gave so much joy

Your loyalty was phenomenal

They say you were just an animal

But to me you were my world

A very special girl

You saw the way clear in the fog

You were an amazing dog

 Grateful for just a walk in the park

You were the light in my world of dark

A pocket full of treats

We would find the wooden seat

Watch the world go by

 Why did you have to die?

Now it is your turn

No more work

Nothing left to learn

Time for you

A window with a view

A happy free existence

Every day a new experience

 Your four paws can run free

You no longer have to be tied to me

But now who will help me to see

 I will miss you my little beauty

For always you were such a cutie

Fly now to the angel above

It’s time for them now to show you love

I shall never forget you

Or ever stop loving you

You opened my world

With your heart of gold

You stood by me

Each and every day

You never once turned away

Your amber eyes looked up to me

Even though you knew I could not see

I knew you were looking into my heart

And you shall be there always

Though now we must part

Goodnight my Black Beauty

I pray you will be happy

Thank you for everything

Now hop onto the angels wing

My heart is torn in two

As I am going to miss you

And will never forget

My darling pet

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings

No comments: