translate

Sunday 6 September 2015

DIARY OF FRIENDS VISIT


Ch 1

What a day so far? Its Friday right now and well after two in the afternoon. My friend was dew from London at one. She has had a dreadful journey. Her train was delayed she went for a taxi the rank was full of people and she then went to the bus stop. Waited for a bus for twenty minutes. She was then told that her bus wouldn’t come for another twenty at least so back to the taxi rank. The queue was even longer.

 

I have cleaned downstairs and that took some doing. Just little jobs that turn into big jobs. Dusted all the tops of pictures mirrors washed three bathrooms put loads of teen stuff away. His room? Oh my word. It’s a tip.

 

Tidied the guest room, it was already cleaned just final bits and bobs. Just remembered didn’t put a clean towel out, oh well, that can be done later. Washed the floors after hoovering them. So, mopped them. Then got on my knees and scrubbed them. Only to knock over a huge plant of mine. Not only did the pot fall but the soil came out, all that was left was the bit around the routes. The soil didn’t just stay in one place, oh no, it went from one end of the room to the other.

 

Piles of soil I managed to clean, but it’s like sand or salt. It’s impossible to clean it all up. And stain? Oh no…. Hoover again, and again. Getting in all the cracks of each tile. Then mopped and again on the floor with new cloths. I am sure that it still will be a mess. But it will have to do. I just hope Julie won’t think I’m dirty.

 

Then cleaning the kitchen properly for the fourth time this week. Lifting everything off the worktops. The thing is when you can’t see, you really really worry that people think you have a dirty house because you are blind? If I could see I bet I wouldn’t do as much housework? Haha haha. Bring on that cure?

 

Ch. 2

Julie arrived. Oh it was fantastic to see her. We had a cake and cupper then I harnessed Waggatail up and off to the big shop we went. Waggs was a good girl even crossing the road of death. When we got to the big food outlet, she so badly wanted to do her normal route and go to the pet shop. But I said no, and in the centre we went. I dropped the harness, and linked Julie’s arm. It’s amazing how if you can see, shopping is so very easy. I don’t think people with sight realise how lucky they are. Or if you have a sighted partner. There was no stress in finding anything. I was shown foods I didn’t even know existed. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it’s true. We bought food to make a fantastic African vegetarian curry. It was a recipe of Julie’s. Wagga was great, she only did one thing wrong and that was to sniff a ladies bottom who was bending over. I must say, I said to Julie, she never does that.

Wagga that is, not Julie.

 But then I thought, well, how would I know if she was doing something quite so awful? It’s not like she announced it?

 

Anyway, we came out with our bags, we were going to walk home, but caught the bus instead. So easy, so good.

 

Got in washed hands and began our girly cooking. We had a laugh it was such fun. The smell was beautiful. It was for the day after. We bought freshly made Pizzas for dinner that night.

 

Next day, we went to town. That again was brilliant. The shops excited me. I went into a shop I have always wanted to go into. And that was Jo Malone. It is a perfume shop. But it is a fortune to buy anything. The ladies were so delightful. Wanted LC to come in but Hub stayed outside with her. I don’t suppose I will ever be able to afford anything from that shop, but to be in there and smell the wonderful perfumes was rather nice. Mind you, on me, the perfume was difficult to smell. It wore off after a few moments. But oh, whilst it lasted, it was amazing. A fragrance like no other.

 

We went for a cup of coffee. Oh it was a lovely coffee shop and I had a delicious cake with a wonderful cup of coffee. It was a great atmosphere. Then off to buy shoes. Wow, I managed to get some beautifully comfortable shoes. I remember the days I wore heal that made me over six feet tall. Pencil thin heals but now? Practical. Though I found some shoes that were not only practical, but attractive. I also managed to get some money off them. That made me happy too!

 

I only buy shoes when I’m with Julie make up the same. Last time I bought make up was last Christmas. The shop I get it from isn’t easy to get to, in fact almost impossible to find. But with Jules the sighted one, smile, nothing was impossible. Bless her. I feel bad because every time she visits we need something. Gosh, I so badly wish I could see enough to do these kind of things on my own. We can do the basics and to do that I am glad to say I’m proud to do. But anything which involves fun, we have to wait for someone with sight.

 

We had a walk around our town, saw some lovely shops soaked in the atmospherical environment and made our way home. Hub was a little ill, as he had cereal with banana in that morning. We were unaware that there was banana in it, and he is allergic to it. But apart from that bit of worry, it was a lovely day.

 

Ch 3

We came home, poured a glass of wine and heated up our curry. Teen came home from work and we all sat around the table to eat.

What would this curry be like?

 

I loved the food so much. I’m not kidding, it was absolutely delicious. It had three foods I have never heard of in my life. Oh but it was stunningly delicious. Professional. We have the recipe written in Braille. I’m going to get Hub to make it so he gets the blame if it’s not as good as Julie’s haha.

 

We had a lovely evening. Just us and our dear friend. We love her. She’s so brilliant. My friend for twelve years now and she was my girl Friday for our wedding. A true big sister. I can’t wait for her next visit. When she left today, which is Sunday, the house was empty. Hub and I missed her.

 

Teen came in from a ten hour shift at work. Financially, Teen is in a bit of trouble right now. But in the long run, he will do so well at this job. He has been working there for eleven months, but he has a lot of money to pay out for things now, a lot of responsibilities so the next couple of years will be tough, but worth it. His boss loves him. I can’t believe he has worked there that long? And he’s only eighteen and it’s his forth job. One thing he isn’t, and that is lazy at work. I hope for his sake, his Father will help him out as he is costing us a fortune, so we can’t help him anymore. But let’s see.

 

I will go for now, but today I’m grateful for my friends. I have some beautiful friends, who are like a family to us. I waited so long to find them all but now I have, they are my precious jewels. And, forever I will treasure them.

 

Tomorrow, back to work for hub and myself. For me volunteering. For Hub, his office. For teen another shift. And for you?

 

   

No comments: