translate

Thursday 24 September 2015

FOOD FOR THOUGHT


Gosh I’m starving. And my Husband? He hasn’t been in his gym since before our holiday. Such a shame. As for me in the gym? Well three times this week.

Well, that is where we keep the dryer and freezer?

Joking, well, not really, it is where we keep that but I did step on the treadmill; just to see if it still works. As for my Sons lecturing me about weight loss? I did do well for three days in a row. I halved my bread and as my clever sharp Bloggers are ahead of me, no, not in half for my plate but half the amount.

 

Then it went a little wrong. I blame the weather. It’s cold damp and my bones need a cover on them.

 

What do you mean they have two quilts already?

Cheeky…..

 

Darling Son in bed needing a long lay in after his hectic week of work. I don’t know what my neighbours do, we are detached our house that is, not me and my neighbour we get on well…. And the noises that come from my wall in my Livingroom, not voices just banging sounds like metallic. As though moving things around. They may be in their garden, but it is the oddest noise. As it’s like someone raking across my wall. Can’t explain it any better. There is kind of a springy sound at the end of the metallic banging….

You know when you start something and you wish you hadn’t?

Shall I delete the above paragraph? Well, if you are reading it, I guess not.

 

Going back to food. Oh last night I so badly wanted to eat my Mums Sunday dinner without the meat of course. I could taste it, smell it too and it’s been seventeen years almost since I had her dinners. I so miss her cooking. And the sheer amount. Wow. It was huge her portions. And I never complained.

 

Last night for dinner I made our favourite roast veg. Baby tomatoes, courgettes, garlic, shallots and peppers with nut oil drizzled over and a couple of spoons of peanut butter. Stir it around and put them in the cooker. The boys had roast potatoes with meatballs in a rich tomato sauce. The flavour was delicious but not even close to my Mums homely food.

 

Last night on our news it said in the UK we are now experiencing longer nights than days as far as the dark is concerned. Oh that is so depressing don’t you think? I really wish we lived in a hot country. Not too hot though. Even though we can’t see the sun, we feel it we smell it and our bodies react to it in a positive way.

 

You have possibly heard of the condition you get when you don’t have sunlight? Well, blind people never see it hence why a lot of us get depression but not even to feel it and really this year in the UK has been the worst summer I have ever known for heat. We have had the odd few hot days but nothing close to summer….

 

Hub learned some sad news today about one of his taxi drivers. He’s leaving the company. Shame as he is one of the clever guys. Some of the stories I get back from Hub, oh my word. To sit with a driver for so long in a day to hear about what they come out with? Goodness…. Let’s just say, I’m surprised that one of them can walk streight…. Not because he’s drunk or hard of seeing, but think more of his legs? Imagine riding a horse? And he’s not a jockey….  Are you with me?

No?

Oh.

T.M.S “

But a lot of them are lovely too. So the taxi drivers reading this will now all be looking around to see who’s wearing the jodhpurs?

 

Just had a read through this don’t normally bother and I’m not going to change anything, as struggling right now with the brain…. But, how many times can one write

Last night?

 

Well, I shall leave you for now with what I hope are some nice words. Kind words is nourishment for the soul, just as healthy food is good for the body! I love to read and write words that will give strength for the day.

 

“Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.”

Sir Winston Churchill

“Life is like riding a bicycle to keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

          Albert Einstein

 

“Our greatest glory is not how in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

Confucius

 

“In the dim light of today, are the shadows of yesterday’s affliction and the hope of tomorrow’s gifts.

Ariana Carruth


 

“If you stay in your safe pond, you may never experience the beautiful ocean out there.

 


 


 

Fiona Cummings

No comments: