translate

Tuesday 29 September 2015

TUESDAYS DIARY NEWS AND VIEWS


 This week in the press there is lots of news around the Wet form of macular degeneration and stem cell, leading onto hope for those with the dry form too! As many people suffer with this blinding disease as do those with     Dementia here in the UK!

 

But since hearing last night on our news, I have had to look up the latest on the so called cure for common blindness.

 

As I let myself slip into a frenzy of fantastic screams of delight and disbelief. My Hub put my feet back on the ground, and told me not to get overexcited as always we are up in the air, only to be   knocked back down, but latest words in our press read. “Blindness soon could be reversed by transplanting cells into the eye, scientists said last night.

 

So nothing just yet saying cure for RP, but cure for blindness? That is hopeful.

 

Then my Hub asked me what would I prefer a cure now for those who haven’t gone blind or a cure for blind people? I replied without hesitation, a cure for partially sighted.

 

Why? Because I never want anyone to go through what I went through. I never want anyone to go to bed sighted and wake up blind. Especially unprepared people like what I was.

 

 The pain of losing your sight is far worse than actually being blind and not being able to see in my opinion.

 

Now I would really beg for a cure as our life would be so much easier and I could help those who there isn’t a cure for. It would be my mission. To see for me is a dream. I think I would walk around with a constant smile upon my face. The relief to be able to just live. Just to do normal things. To see my Sons face to see flowers, colour at last.  The simple things even those who are partially sighted take for granted, I dream to be able to do. It’s like when you have a loved one who is dying you know they don’t have long to live, the waiting is so painful. For a brief moment when you are told they have died, I believe it’s a shameful release, relief, whatever you call it.

 

Then the pain hits you and you suffer. But you can move on OK the load is heavier, but when you are standing waiting for your cart to be filled, wondering when it would be filled, how long you will be standing there? Then it’s full. And wham.

 

But then you have to push your load along and get over that line. Getting over that line takes a lot of courage. Only you can get yourself there but if you have wonderful support that line will come to meet with you.

 

If you don’t have support and when I went blind I didn’t. And even now, apart from our blind friends, we don’t really have a weekly support even monthly. We are trying to get a My Guide, this is a volunteer person who will go to the shops with us, but, there are no volunteers in our area.

 

We have thought about paying for help too. But pay who?

 

 Its silly things like Hub and I don’t have a clue what our house looks like from the outside. Our wedding photographs? Never seen them. And how much we wish we could go to our town and brows.  I have to believe that one day, there will be that cure for all blindness. And I think if they can get this latest operation to work out long term, we are on our way for that help.

 

Other stories in our news in the UK a 77 year old lady has been sent to jail for three and a half years for stabbing to death a paedophile. Oh my word. If I knew who she was, I would visit her and take her cakes. I’m outraged. You can have sex with a baby of six months and get six months in jail. Or kill that person who has done such an evil crime and get three and a half years? It’s absolutely disgraceful.

 

And get this story. An owner of a Mexican restaurant handed out

Sombreros and has been charged with racism. Say wha’a’at?

 

We are going crazy in the UK and that was before the red moon.

 

My Hub took his first steps today to being assessed for a new guide dog. Well, he has been approved so far. Wouldn’t it be funny if not tragic if he was turned down?

 

He did the walk of all walks locally with the lovely mobility instructor, who I really admire she is a great person and when she used to show me the routes she was brilliant.

 

And guess what? Oh this will shock you. Guess who came today? Go on guess?

My gardener.

Oh pick me up off the floor.

 

Don’t get too excited, he didn’t do the job; he will give me a quote and then do it. Gosh, how much will he be? I know not as much as the others as he is an honest person this is why I have wanted him to do the job all along. He did my drive and fence. He did the best job.

 

Hub working hard from home and teen at work. Tomorrow my little bestie is coming to visit. Then Thursday, I will have to do some work with my media.

 

Our bird has been quiet for a few hours, gosh; I’m going to tap his cage to see if he’s OK? Smile, I know he is, I can hear him rattling around but not to sing for so long?

 

OK welly gate continues. My Son moved his Welly’s from the front to the side garden. Now, what is the next stage?

The back garden where the hose is? How long before they get washed and put away?

 

Right, going now to check my texts I can hear it going mad there are a lot of them building up; hopefully one of them is my gardener. If not, I will be sure it will be next year before I will get him out.

 

My Sister in law said she would come to do it, but if she has spare time, I would love to go clothes shopping. As for tomorrow with my Trix and Hanz, I hope to buy Hub at least a birthday card.

 

Later with love.

 

No comments: