translate

Wednesday 9 September 2015

DIARY OF THE PEOPLE


Well, it’s very late in the evening and I will have to write this blog quickly as I’m rather shattered, an yet, feel very hungry and, a little light headed? Why? Em. Well, it’s like this.

 

Firstly my crazy Aunt was to visit today, so I was getting the house ready, to be honest; I didn’t do much as when she leaves it’s always a tip with dog hairs and so on. So a quick run around with the vacuum and puff up of the cushions on the sofas.

 

As I was cleaning the floors, my phone rang. I answered it and it was work for me to do as in a poem to write. Not very professional of me having domestic sounds in the background. But there you go. I turned it off and took the call. Ran to my lap top and got the files up I needed. Then the doorbell went and then as I put the phone down, answered the door, came turned the vacuum on again, the phone rang again it was my Brother. Then, I remembered I needed to vacuum the conservatory. I forgot. So back on. Aunt on her way in the taxi. Phone rang again. This time it was Magda, remember Magda? Well, I felt awful as I really had to get everything done for the big visit. So told her I would talk tomorrow.

 

Then the door opened and in walked Aunt. Squealing with high pitched excitement she tottled through the house. Attached to her was Waggatail. Waggs remembers the lovely biscuits. No, sorry, the lovely Aunt. And of course, her dog biscuits she always brings. 

 

Well, of course she had to have a smoke straight away. A coffee and a cake and an exchange of gifts. Bless her she never comes without treats. She brought Hubs birthday gift. It’s not his birthday for another three weeks, but it’s the last time we will see her until Christmas. She loves Hub. Sometimes I’m sure she visits to see him, rather than me, her Niece. Smile.

 

My brother told me he was on his way, I was as glad as he would help me to entertain my Aunt. And he hasn’t seen our mad aunt since mine and Hubs wedding. Well, remember I told you I hadn’t seen my brother for four years until last Christmas and when he turned up, he shocked me with his appearance? He has lost twenty stone. I have never known my brother that weight. Not ever he was always big and he just got bigger and bigger over the years. I know that feeling.

 

I wanted to surprise my Aunt. Well, doorbell rang and I went to open it. My Aunt was saying that it was the delivery man…. I asked her could she see who it was. She said no, I don’t know him.

 

I whispered to him that I hadn’t told my Aunt that he was coming. Well I asked her, if she recognised the man?

 

She stood for ages and answered no. I don’t know him.

 

Well, my Brother was the blue eyed boy in our family. OK I had the blue eyes, him brown, but he was the boy. He was the number one. My Mum used to boast so much about my brother and my Aunt loved him so much. He was the clever one in the family; I was the blind let down.

So for her not to recognise him? Well, then she said

“Is it someone from the telly?”

Say wh’aa’aat?

 

Then he smiled. She knew him by that, asking was it him? She was totally shocked. That must be really odd. For my brother to go through that. I felt bad sad in a way. I felt really guilty that I asked her did she know him. I just thought she would and the only reason I didn’t some months ago was because obviously I can’t see his face, and his body when I hugged him was tiny. But how can someone’s face change so much? Of course she would know him. Right? It was an expression, do you recognise him. My poor brother. Oh what did I do? I just wanted it to be a nice surprise for her to see him. I honestly didn’t expect her not to know who he was. Anyways, thankfully all was well and when our Son came in from work for his break, he said that his uncle looked amazing. Really smart and so handsome. How good that must be for him? Really, I’m so pleased. Shame his Sister can’t bring herself to look as good.

 

Well, teen went to work where he had an important presentation to do and the three of us went to my Aunts favourite restaurant. Lewis’s.

 

Lewis as ever was adorable. Maggie welcomed us and we had a lovely meal. My brother said he was going to the toilet and naughty him, on his way he paid for the meal. But when he was there, he missed the crazy aunt dance.

 

Oh yes. She

“Got the cramp.”

She, oo’oo’oo’oo’oooooood and danced about telling the restaurant that she felt really bad and embarrassed that she had the cramp. Well, Lewis’s English isn’t too good, so I hope he didn’t translate cramp for crabs?

 

My brother returned and on our way we went. He left to go to work and my Aunt and I went to our local shops with Waggatail. Waggs was on a mission. We took out one man on our way to the pet shop. But not too bad as trolleys are all over the place people coming out from every direction. Tables and chairs out no way with a white cane I could do that. And using a white cane is impossible when there are crowds of people. Waggs cleaned up the floor in the shop, it’s her duty. She is a volunteer for the pet shop. All the spilt biscuits she removes. The manager of the shop has her name and number. She thinks that’s an honour. But the wanted poster gives me concern. Hahaha.

 

Some things you can get there are gross. I mean a stuffed horse’s hoof? Pigs ears? Yack double yack. At least there were no deer’s privates on sale like another pet shop I went to last year. That was totally disgusting. My aunt told the man on the till all about her dog’s loose bowels. And what it was like to try to pick up after it? Oh boy….

 

Out of there and then the oddest thing occurred. My Aunt told me that there was another Guide dog. So as we passed the dog, the rather jolly lady said she was tying her dog up. She then came over to me. I thought, you have a lot of sight to own a guide dog!

 

Well as she spoke to me and then introduced herself, I realised she was the councillor I was to interview today. I couldn’t believe it. I was to attend a meeting last night with Hub where she would be, she is sighted and our local government councillor. So as I told her who I was, and that I was to arrange an interview with her, my Aunt then said…..

“I will tell you what, why don’t we have a coffee? Because my back is hurting. Then continued to tell the lady about her bad back. Haha. Oh my ……. ….?

 

Coffee? My Aunt? The councillor? Em… No’ooo’ooo

 

As it turned out, it was absolutely brilliant. It was so good to hear my Aunt laughing as the councillor was on top form. Another lady joined us. She was also a puppy walker for Guide Dogs. Her little boy loved my Waggatail. He was kissing her so much. And Waggs wasn’t quite sure how to deal with it as she is used to rough play with her big sister, not loving kisses. It was so cute.

 

So most enjoyable. And the local councillor is now helping to run the fund raising for our area. She will kick butt for sure. That is what we need.

 

Came home, teen collected us kindly and we prepared Hubs tea party bless. My Aunt was so excited. I hope we made her day happy. I am sure she was happy, as the smell in the house after she had been out for a cigarette? Was a little odd.

 

My Son came in from work to have the party with us and he asked me what that “Funky” smell was?

Well, I do know that my aunt has a bad back.

Get me?

She went out for her smoke, but you know what it’s like. The smell comes into the house. And it was not the normal cigarette smell.

 

Hence I’m feeling a little high right now.

 

Sorry about mistakes it’s late. I’ve been Auntied, and I’m off now to bed. Lets hope I don’t have odd Dree’ee’eems?

No comments: