translate

Sunday 27 September 2015

OMELETTE ANYONE?


Well, the quiche is made. You have no idea how much I was shaking during making this? I cook. I have cooked all of my life but when you have the best quiches from my Mother in law years ago when she was alive, she was known for many things, and baking was one of them. Then you have two friends who make absolutely delicious ones, and then there is me.

 

Now, I never measure, I don’t look up recipe’s either I just go for it….

 

Hub kept asking, “Don’t you want to go on the net and look up the ingredients at least?”

Nope.

Why you may ask. Well it is then when I get more anxious recipes to me are some kind of decoding system. Smile.

 

Double Dutch as my Mum used to say. Double Dutch. Where does that come from? There are a host of phrases in English that include the word Dutch in them. Well the Netherlands are on our doorstep after all. Mind you, so is France. They say its trade and war. Both England and Holland have a vigorous wide ranging maritime trading tradition which dates back to the 16th century. England imported many commodities from Holland and gave them Dutch names.     

You may have heard of

Dutch cheese? Dutch barn? Dutch hoe and Dutch courage.

 

Well, back to my quiche. Haha. I’m going to attempt to slice it now. But I can tell you I don’t have much faith as it did have the look about it, the pastry that is, like a knitted jumper. A little wholly.

 

It may be omelette for dinner tonight.

No comments: