translate

Monday 14 September 2015

BUT ITS ME HE WILL FIND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


BUT IT’S ME HE WILL FIND

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The devil is inside of you

He took over your mind some time ago

It looks like you

But his, blood in you does flow

It sounds like you

But he’s clever you know

It’s your face I recognise

I soften inside

Then you I despise

But it’s not you

This can’t be true

Red fire burns

The twisted knife turns

Stabbed again right through my heart

Then I’m tricked

Oh he is smart

Like a wheel on a cart

Keeps turning

Same old thing

The circle of life like a ring

I reach to the bird

Fly away on the wing

But rather than high we drop altitude

Into the same den

I just ask when

But there’s  no one to heal

No love I will feel

This is real

Not a nightmare

As I woke up many times

Read between the lines

When will this be all over?

Why do I have to suffer?

No more trust

This lifestyle is a must

Like split wood or rust

Left out in winter

Cuts of shard glass splinter

 Stolen crimes

Chains are tied

I just want to hide

But it’s me he will find

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: