translate

Sunday 13 September 2015

WEEKEND DIARY


Yesterday it was pouring with rain. Oh no. We had to go to town. Oh really the rain was nonstop and we had to wait for a bus.

Well, until our wonderful neighbour came to the rescue bless him. Not sure he knew where we were going; we had big black LC dripping with the rain, with us. He told us to jump in. I wonder if he thought we were just going local. Well, when we told him we were going to town, we were in his car and bless him, he didn’t complain. Wow what a difference having a car? For the bus we would have walked there getting drenched. Waited for a bus and by then we would have been able to be rung out. As for LC?

 

 Well, he told us he was next to M & S. Oops…. I said we only know the route from the theatre. Oh he turned around and drove back I’m sure he would think. What? But it’s hard to explain to people we are programmed. Only can do certain routes. The ones we have been taught. Imagine if we blind folded you, and drove you somewhere then said OK fined your way home? Well when we were kicked out of the house of a so called friend last year, in the rain funny enough, we were like that. We had never been before to that area. Didn’t have a clue what direction to go in. It took us four hours to find our way home. It shook me up for a week. I will never forgive that person for showing such cruelty.  She had a car parked it would have took her fifteen minutes to take us home, but never mind, we learn who our true friends are. And our neighbour was brilliant. It really touched Hubs heart. He is still talking about it today.

 

We went to the same old. Bank bakers and hair dressers. Well, I could write a blog on there, but won’t as I’m in a hurry. Hub working in the house doing my work. I feel guilty. So must dash to help.

 

Tomorrow, I’m on a personal journey. Can’t really write much but it’s a change for me.  I will be staying overnight. Hub too is overnight. On a jolly from work. He’s away for two days I’m back the day after tomorrow early.

 

Teen working today bless him. He came in at lunch time telling me he called one of the bosses a very naughty word. Twice…. His top boss really likes him. In fact I can tell you now that teen was offered the position of a very height post for someone of his age. He had to turn it down because of transport. It was a long way from home and would have cost him half of his weigh. Shame really but having said that I feel he was too young to have such responsibility.

 

His boss heard he was leaving as he went for an interview for another company and got the job. He went to buy a very expensive suit shoes and tie too. Worked at the job for a few weekends decided not to continue when he was offered this promotion at his other job. Well, he turned down the other position his new boss wasn’t happy, she really wanted him and also told him she would promote him within a few months. But this old job sounded better, well long and short of it, he has chucked both.

 

He’s eighteen too young for such responsibilities but his boss for his old job, thought he was twenty two… he wasn’t bothered though when he found out he was eighteen. So what will be his future? Who knows but most people are at University now or having a gab year. So I have told him there is no pressure but he is rather stressed. He did talk with his father and told him the money trouble, but sadly no help there. I tried to tell him to think of the job as an apprenticeship but the thought of driving three hours per day was not a good thought for him , or me, I would have been ill as he drives with speed sadly.

 

Until I knew what he was going to do, I couldn’t write here as if I said he was going for promotion, (it) would have been on the phone to him telling him it was a bad idea. She wouldn’t be able to keep her nose out of it. Control freak.

 

I have been getting a lot of bad vibes of late with regards my eyesight. Sadly it all is down to money and commitment. If only the researchers around the world would spend time with real blind people or those facing blindness and forgot about the big race? I mean, why should there be a race? Why can’t we all work together passing on information what we have learned already to each other, surely we would find  a cure much faster then?

 

Last year I was really positive about the future with RP, today? This week? Not. As there has not been enough forward news of late in the press. It’s all if. When how. We are starting. First stages. Last year we were on first stage. This year the same. One step forward and two backwards.

 

As I have written about in another place, blindness isn’t considered life threatening, and it isn’t in some ways, but as I have said, I know of two people who have committed suicide with deep depression over blindness. Even this morning I got so upset. I’m a housewife doubt that I will ever be anything else and the only thing I do well is housework. When it came to the washing of our clothes? I really struggled. I just broke down. Now why? Because I couldn’t remember what colours the clothes were today and I have noticed that more and more oftern now, I’m forgetting the difference between whites, pastels and darks. I wash them separately. Now to some sighted people this is nothing, but to me, it’s all I know, it’s what I have always done. So another job I fail at now. Yesterday there was something in town we wanted but because we didn’t know how to get to that shop, we did without. It does drag you down over time.

 

One of the people I know, who ended their lives, was a Policeman. He lost his sight as he was shot in the eyes and couldn’t work. Lost his wife and his kids. His friends didn’t want to know him. He couldn’t leave the front door he was trapped. He had no warning of this loss. No time to prepare. My heart aches for him. I regret not spending more time with him as Hub and I knew he wouldn’t be long for this world. I planned to meet up with him but sadly, we were too late.

 

The pain when a Mother or Father no longer can see their babies face. Can’t see our kids in the Christmas plays at school. It hurts. Really hurts. So a cure please and look to the brain, bypass the eyes and what make the eyes work. Look at turning on something on the brain as we know it’s the brain that sees not our eyes.

 

In my old home town of Newcastle, it was the Great North Run today. Thirteen miles. My Niece, Nephews and Brother ran in it. My brother for cancer not sure about the others, but good on them. Especially my brother as he has lost so much weight over half of his body weight. A new man.

 

OK, off to take over Hubs jobs now. So later with more news. And to my friend Terry. From the US. Sending love honey, she has had to be evacuated. The fires are chasing their way through to where she lives. That must be so scary. I pray for rain over there. Xxx

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: