translate

Friday 11 September 2015

PARTY FIZZ BY FIONA CUMMINGS


PARTY FIZZ

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I don’t know what to do

I’ve got the boredom blues

Kick off my shoes

Crank up the tunes

Blow up some balloons

Have my own party

So cordial and hearty

Fed up of being normal

Time to get mortal

Pop the fizz

Oh this is show biz

Well perhaps not

I have to put up with what I’ve got

Hair a frizz

Put on some Mack & Mabel

“This Ninny of a puppet was available

 The second when he called

And this dumb hash slinger crawled

For seven lousy years I’ve watched him swear and shove and shout

With you or without you

Well it’s gonna be without”

That’s better getting into the spirit

That song don’t you just love it?

The chandeliers are swinging now left to right

Oh this is going to be a wild night

Heart beat a racing

Neighbours twitching curtains adjacent  

This mood I must frequent

Time now to unwind

Hands on the clock tell a lie for the time

I can’t have danced all night?

Could I?

Would I?

Too blooming right I would

This feeling is good

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: