translate

Monday 14 September 2015

WHEN I GO OUT AGAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WHEN I GO OUT AGAIN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 It’s so cold out there

The wind took a liken to my hair

Tell me why I brushed it today?

It’s pouring with rain

I’m soaked to the bone

Grey sky again

I just want my warm home

Puddles that were not there before

So very funny

It’s a game?

Who’s keeping score?

From my point of view

The winner is you

Whoever you are laughing at a far

“Here she comes

Let’s have some fun

Turn on the wind machine

A spray here and there

I don’t care”

Hmm. A sick kind of humour

To which they have a diploma

A degree

Because they get me

I stay in its sunny and hot

I go out and I get the lot

Invisible buckets above my head

Having to be careful where I tread

Some ice today perhaps?

Just don’t tell her till it’s too late

Well they have patients to wait

Have they nothing better to do?

Then watch me leave the house?

Do they have the best view?

Sitting as quiet as a mouse

Now a hot cupper

And a little bit of supper

Ambers a blazing

It’s amazing

I know how lucky I am you see

For there are so many less fortunate than me

I can come in from the elements

Get myself warm

But some stay out

With their silence for a shout

Wet clothes keeping them warm

Wearing yesterday’s storm

So I shouldn’t complain

When I go out again

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: