translate

Thursday 24 September 2015

YOU ARE JUST GIVING


 Good morning Bloggets. Up really early. I’m waking and feel OK for three quarters of a second then

Whoosh

Kick

Right in the stomach and that twisted knife blade right into my heart.

Burning through my stomach oh the pain is awful. I really really am tearful today. I just asked above, how come they can remove a life but not the pain we feel? So we have for some reason to suffer, alright, how long for? I know it’s only been a week tomorrow, but can we please be freed from this agony NOW?

 

I’m so touched by the generosity of you all on our Just giving page


 

Hubs Brother Rob has been amazing he is on a mission and has asked his work colleagues to help to raise money to name a guide dog puppy after our Suki. I have said so many times, it costs in a guide dogs life time £50,000 and all that money is charity money. Our kind, not, Government doesn’t pay a penny towards our guide dogs so we rely on you. I can’t believe how kind Robs colleagues who I have never met, Hubs never met are. Mind you, some of them are good old Geordies. Where I used to live. Where I come from, but, Hubs page has received donations from the sunny south of the UK and other areas. A lovely lady a couple of days ago donated a whopping £50 I do worry if people can afford that though, so we really are equally as grateful for £1 $1 whatever currency you are in. You can text a donation too by going into a new message putting in the number

70070 then in capital letters without a space, PEFI99 so for my friends who are unable to see this information I will write again leaving spaces.

7 0 0 7 0

P E F I, 9 9

 

I am so naive at all of this when texting, I wondered how people put in their card details? And learned that the one pound or however much is donated, as after the PEFI99, you put in your amount of money with your pound or whatever currency you wish, sign followed by the number 1,2 or whatever. The money comes off your phone bill. How clever is that?

 

It’s raining here the house is rather quiet. Hub and I say at night times when he is home from work, how we miss our Suki. Long Chops filled not only our hearts but our home with such love. Little Waggatail is really missing her. She’s bored. I’m going to go to our local shop later to buy milk. So this will give her some work though not very exciting for her or me. Sadly my girl gets anxious if we attempt bigger places, she’s not the only one. This is where we miss our Suki. She would lead the way with Hub and I knew we would be very safe me with my white cane as I say, I can’t take Waggs to town or anywhere big.  So I would take my cane. I would feel safe, not sure pedestrians well the general public felt safe, as I did take a few people out with my illegal weapon. Smile.

They didn’t

 

Saturdays will not be the same anymore. Gosh, what will we do with our time? I’m dreading them now. I really am. I am desperate for my Hub to get another guide dog, but as you all know, he could be waiting up to two years as there is a list and not enough money to train and recruit staff for Guide Dogs. Imagine your world where by you have to wait two years for your glasses? Let’s hope we will be lucky and not wait that long.

 

The time I’m dreading is the day Hub has to go to a meeting via train. Oh gosh.  For my nerves worrying about him won’t be good but for Hub? Knowing that his Suki used to just do everything without any stress. Now what will he do? Of course he has his white cane but he is the driver of that and obviously canes can’t see, where as a guide dog can, and avoids so much a cane cant.  

 

I will so miss going into town, just being able to put on our shoes prepare a very excited dog and head on our adventures. That freedom a good guide dog gives. A blind world is truly a difficult one and can be very depressing. But with our guide dogs, we are free and this makes our dark worlds a brighter place to be.

 

I promise this will be the last sad blog as I’m sure you are all getting cross about it. I just write what I feel.

 

Our girl was our best friend, our family the soul of the house always full of life my Husbands freedom and mine in a huge way. With our girl we could climb mountains. Hub hopes to raise £2,500 to name a little guide dog hopeful Suki. And so far we have £300 so thank you so much once again without you, Guide Dogs UK wouldn’t be.

 

No comments: