translate

Wednesday 6 August 2014

YUMMY


Today I was to have my dogs walked with Arty my friend, but sadly, it rained all night. Typical. But our field gets so muddy. 

Hub left the house at half five this morning to travel to the south on business. He had to change trains after half an hour, that’s fine, he expected that. What he didn’t expect is his four hour train journey, to take five. He had to change train again, making him an hour later than he wanted so he could have caught the later train, but there was something wrong with the points.

 

He is in a hotel where I don’t think there is evening meals, so I will worry about him, as he’s on his own, so not like he can go off and look for a restaurant?

I went into the battle field today. Well, OK, my kitchen. It took me ages to do tea last night, so by the time I finished it, ate it, I closed the door and told myself, I didn’t have a kitchen…. Thankfully, Hub filled the dishwasher last night so it was ready today to empty and put away, but teen had supper, and some glasses/cups from his room made up for another row of dishes to go in. Tea last night was delicious. The boys had huge fish cakes and I had the same as them as far as veg goes, and that was, Cheese potatoes, caujets and asparagus tips. I microwave the potatoes new with skins on, and then put them in the oven to get crisp. Then remove them and wait till they cool down. Cut them in half and remove soft potatoes inside. This is why it’s good to have them crispy on the outside to provide a hard shell. In a dish with the soft potatoes, add grated cheese you can add chives but onions I used. I also put in a tiny bit of grated carrot. Pepper and back on the tray with a little butter. Cook only for about 12 minutes. As for the caujets? Oh they were lovely; my friend gave me the idea. OK, so wash them, slice them, fry them in butter with garlic and sesame seeds. I also added slices of fresh tomato to the frying pan. As for the asparagus, just ever so lightly steam them, not for long though.

 Really, it was delicious.

 

With Hub away, and teen gone too, it’s toast for me tonight. Haha. Trying to not eat bread too. OK, I’m going now, as more work to do and this canary, Irish you know? Is killing my ears. There’s singing and squealing!

He obviously doesn’t feel like a song today?

X

No comments: