translate

Saturday 9 August 2014

TOO FUNNY FOR TOWN


Hey there, how are my Bloggets? So lots to talk about today. But no time to do it in? I have to write really really quickly as need to make tea before Hub starts to get a little tense… As we spend little time together, he doesn’t like me being on here too long. I do feel a little guilty, as he is doing housework whilst I’m chilling talking to you. Hahaheheh. Not that guilty though, let’s talk!

 

Today we went to the town, so after a breakfast of cinnamon bagels with cream cheese, coffee and plums…. Don’t ask?

We got Michael my white cane and Long Chops ready for town. Today was windy but sunny. The foliage from the trees and shrubs are right out in our pathway again, all the way to the bus stop. We almost have to walk on the road to get past but of course we don’t know how far they stick out, until one of them bites us or grabs our faces, clothes or hair. Good job we don’t wear wigs? Or a hair piece of whatever kind, as by now, a bird’s nest looking like object, hanging from tree’s, would be attracting the wild life.

 

We only waited for the bus two minutes. And it was great, the bus was empty, so we sat together without any stress in finding a seat with a body on it.

 

I loved the thought of going to town. I was excited. But also knew I was going to the same shops was a bit of a bore.

 

Anyway, got there, I will never know when we are there, but Hub knows. When I asked him how? He didn’t really know how to answer, as the roads leading to where we get off, are all streight. So no bends or hills or bridges to go under, how does he know? I really do try to learn, but doubt I have the kind of brain that will take in such routes.

 

We got off; where we live the bus drivers are so lovely. In the two years we have lived here, only once we have got off at the wrong stop, so well done to Hub as we never ask the driver to tell us, we used to when we first moved here, but they used to forget, so as ever we rely on ourselves, but they are so polite.

 

Off the bus, passing the theatre and Roman wall. Lines of people. It was crazy. Queues

Of people, though the bus was empty. So many different languages too. Lots of Spanish people today.  Must have been a tour or ten. Also hearing the American men passing by in our historic city was really funny. Bless them; they were so excited to see the architect of the place. Like the Roman wall. I just can’t get excited about history. OK, so there is a wall, OK, it’s been there for years and still standing, and?

Sorry to all my historian friends… I guess this is what makes England different, we have a lot of history, castles and cathedrals and I’m sure they are beautiful? But to blindness, they are thin air, or shady cold pathways, as they cause dark towering closing in shapes near our shoulders as we pass by!

 

Found the tactile and I found with the help of Michael cane, the button to press for the lights. We waited ages. Hub said perhaps it’s broken? I told him not on your nelly, was I crossing without the beeps. Well, I almost jumped back on the bus as a stupid siren went by; it didn’t make a sound until it was right on our crossing. Hub said it was so we didn’t walk out in front of it? Walk out in front of it? I almost was on the driver’s knee? I jumped so much.

Well, if he was a hunky fireman, haha so be it?

 

We weaved in and out of people, lines of tourists listening to their tour guide as they snaked around our town. Photographs were taken; God knows how many we were in? Haha haha

 

So much work for LC bless her. People giving away balloons, so stands of them, someone playing the violin, another with guitars and then there were the blooming awful bagpipes. Oh God, really in the bags is not air but half murdered kittens, surely? What with the violin and the bagpipes seconds apart, it was rather painful.

 

Passed by Betty’s tea room queue. I caught my cane in a gross mess in the side of the road, I don’t know what it was but it was rather sticky an yet solid. Kind of made a squishing sound as I pulled it out, wrapped it around the iron gates and got it trapped under a baby’s buggy and the best bit, in between a man’s legs?

Don’t ask how I knew he was a man?

 

Oh I bounced from person to person. Oh well, I’m not bony, so they wouldn’t hurt themselves. I must say, neither were they?

 

We could smell the wonders of cooking and I wished I knew what we were passing? To pop in would be lovely, but pop in where? What and how? We are maps, we only know how to get somewhere if we know the route, yes, sometimes we find places by accident, and that is great, but today bank and then passing the pastry shop and the nut centre, my lovely food shops, but knew I couldn’t buy as money is not very free for us right now, so then to the hair dressers for hub. Oh that was a fun time, really, the young lad in there needed a personality transplant.

 

He could speak, as he did ask if I wanted a cup of tea whilst I waited for Hub. I said yes, and forty minutes later, my tea came…. Flipping heck, good job I wasn’t gasping?

 

I looked after LC whilst Hub sat in the barber’s chair. I spoke with a lovely lady who told me my Labrador was lovely, I told her that she wasn’t a lab; she told me she was the prettiest lab she has seen. I said she wasn’t a Labrador, but German Shepard with retriever? She said,

“Yes, you can’t beat having a beautiful Labrador…!”

I gave in and smiled.

Out of there, into my lovely soap shop, where I really enjoyed sniffing all the wonders of the flower and fruit world in soap. I go in there myself and love the independence. I almost took out a crystal tray of soaps, but saved it with my bulk.

 

Then back to the bus home, but really, it was crowded in our town, People standing in the middle of the paths, just looking at the sights. That’s nice, but we can’t see them, so I removed a couple of people by scooping them up and placing them gently back down after I caught them.

 

The bus was packed going home. As we looked for a seat, an old lady took my hand. How did I know she was an old lady? I don’t, but she had tiny thin shaky hands bless her. Oh she took my hand to guide me to a spare seat?

Em, no, she took my hand thinking I was going to sit on her knee? God, I would have killed her!

 

I’m sure the look of fear on the people’s faces as they see big Mama Fi heading towards them, is a sight to see?

 

Any way, we got a seat and home we went. Again, Hub knew when to get off, me? I know nothing officer. Honest!

 

Our dogs are enjoying their smoky bones outside in the yard. Hopefully they will have some teeth left as I must go and groom them.

 

So just a normal Saturday for us. My baby home in a couple of hours. Enjoy your Saturday night? X

No comments: