translate

Monday 11 August 2014

THE GRUMPY HOUSEWIFE

 

 

 I have been busy all day just writing emails and making phone calls.

 

Teen back it’s lovely to have our Son back home. As especially considering where he has been.

 

My friend wanted to come around today but I have been busy as I said, but tomorrow I will visit another friend and have some escape from normality and for a couple of hours, I will be allowed to be me. Not the housewife cleaning and cooking or the wife waiting for her love to come home, as every second my Husband is at work, I miss him so much. My Son has another two weeks off college then a new term. I am so proud of him, to stick at college. I really wondered if he would go back, and still I do wonder if he will look for a job and quit. At the end of the day, whatever makes him happy? He’s a really clever lad and I love him so much. Hub and I are really proud of him and what he has achieved so far.

 

Our canary, Irish you know, has been really quiet for three days, I hope he’s OK? My two dogs, Waggatail and Black beauty are being silly; there is a lot of head banging on our floor. I hope it’s not BB’s old head?

 

Hubs at Shrewsbury tomorrow. So six hours plus of travel there and back, but the important word in that, is back.

  It’s great having him home every night. How long he will stay at this job who knows? But he is very passionate about it.

 

It’s so windy here today but sunny. Better than yesterday when it rained for England. Haha.

 

So a few weeks away until I have an appointment at the big eye hospital. Hmm. Will I go? Not sure yet. I am worried sick about my eye, but not sure I want to hear negative comments about future seeing. I’m exhausted of not having sight. Every single thing I do each day is so tiring.

 

Just little things, like cooking, I get something out, what is it? Now, where did I put it? Oh, where is that tool or pan? How to turn this dam hob on? As it’s a sheet of glass, without buttons. Pouring things slowly not to over pour? Pressing buttons on my talking clock to see what time I put something in rather than just glancing at the clock without even having to register I have done so. Then it comes to serving, it’s hard. Letters come through our door, can’t just open it and read. Are lights left on? Is there some dirt from the dogs anywhere? Are there dog hairs where there shouldn’t be? Like on my windowsill or furniture? Or stairs, oh stairs are dreadful as dog fur gets on our slippers or the boy’s socks and end up on the stairs. Washing, are these clothes white? I don’t want to spoil Hubs shirts. Are they pastels? Darks? Thinking what they are and when I bought them, what colour were we told they were?

Is the washing machine on the right number? Collecting everything up and taking it to the garage where our drier is. Have I got everything? Or has something dropped?

 

Do the floors need mopping? Am I mopping hard enough in the right area, where the stain is? I can clean the floors but a sighted person will scrub the mark, I can’t see the mark to scrub.

So on and so on.

 

OK grump over. Tea time and a night in front of the telly with my boys.

 

Later with love.

 

 

No comments: