translate

Sunday 10 August 2014

CREEP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


CREEP

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I can’t sleep

The dawn is getting ready to creep

The birds appear from under their wings

And the chorus from the choir sings

As the church bell rings

And the clock from the tower chimes

I check the times

And know I only have an hour

Before I must be awake

At dawn break

To face the day again

With briefcase in hand

And ink in my pen

I walk on our land

To my place of work

Too early it’s berserk

But in this society

With financial insecurity

A job we must do

Without strong opinions as in a point of view

 Feel the wind in my hair

The icy stare

From a street person passing by

I did wonder how and why?

Where were his daughters? Or even his son?

Where is life deep within

Where is the fun?

No comments: