translate

Friday 29 August 2014

THE BLINDIE BLUES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE BLINDIE BLUES

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I woke up today

And what did I say?

 Good morning it’s time to play

Hunt for my clothes

Find my shoes

Feel for the bins outside

Be torn by a rose

Do that funny walk whilst I go up a step

Oh my word I look like a pleb

Foot slam to the ground

Thank God no one’s around

As the step obviously has been moved

Who would do such a trick?

Are they sick?

It was there yesterday I’m sure

And as for that door?

Half open

It laughs at me

But I’m not joking

That blooming hurt

I know I left it closed

Tell that to my nose

Then I go an drop something

I heard it ping

Shush, let me hear it just once again?

 Yes, it’s there as I put down my hand

Then time to cook breakfast

For the wicket there’s no wrest

Oh tinned tomatoes not custard please?

At least I know what is cheese

Putting the washing in the machine

Make sure it comes out nice and clean

Hmm, that may be a challenge to me

If only these dam eyes could see?

Vacuum the floors and wash down the doors

Gosh how I hate these daily chores

Dusting now

Some ask how?

As you should see how many trinkets I have

But those china statues I simply love

And when I clean them it makes me glad

Though to break one would make me sad

So very carefully

Pick them up then placing them back so beautifully

OK I can’t see them, but I know they are there

And I just have to treat them with care

It makes it more special I am sure

All so perfectly same gaps in between

And if I ever see as I wait for a cure

They will be standing I’ll be proud as they’ll gleam

Now for the windows

Are they clean? Who knows?

And for the part I dread

Hunting for that blooming cobweb

Trying not to smash the lights

Giving the spiders their last rights

One final kiss

Up the tube

Did I miss?

So funny should be on UTube

Time to change the beds

Now matching pillowcases needing creams not reds

As for the bathrooms

Oh yes, those lovely loo’s

Gosh I have the blindie blues

I clean the mirrors

What the heck for?

Because I’m proud that’s what for

Just because we can’t see

Doesn’t say dirt sticks to me

This is the life

 Of a blind housewife

No comments: