translate

Friday 8 August 2014

MISSING GUIDE DOG


 Good day my Bloggets.

How are you lovely people today?

Well for me, Hub came home last night at half eight. He had dinner with me and we chatted about our two days apart. He told me he met up with an old school pal of mine. I spoke of my day and told him how much I enjoyed it. I bought a new washing machine. It was so needed. For a few weeks now washing blues have really been blue…. My washer won’t empty the last water you see. So the clothes have been coming out absolutely soaking wet. My neighbour bless her told me I could use hers, but we managed, though dripped all the way outside and luckily it’s been dry enough until today to get them outside to get the most water off then put them to dry in our conservatory and then last thing, in the drier. What a pain, but we did manage, though four hours for one load was ridiculous. So yesterday I picked the cheapest washer in the shop. I must say to buy a washing machine is so much easier than a  hob or dish washer if you can’t see, as most kitchen goods now are so for the sighted only. But we bought Beko, because it was the best in price and our last washing machine was also Beko. We bought that when hub and I first got together. It was cheap and we had so many outgoings at that point in life, what with two greedy divorces and my x leaving me in loads of debt. Everyone said don’t touch Beko, it’s too cheap and you get what you pay for. Well, at that point it was under £200 and that is all we could afford. Other machines were a hundred pounds more and you can pay up to £1500 so where to stop? It lasted us over four years, so if this one does the same costing under £300 now with inflation etcetera,  well good on Beko?

 

I will be so glad to just wash something without washing myself in the process? I did put up with it for three weeks and when you wash as much as we do, a washing machine is needed. Hub I don’t think was too impressed, but he didn’t have to wash the clothes, mop the floor afterwards and try to get rid of the left over water from the machine, then have to dry everything? He does have to pay the water bill, and four hours of washing per load, times four loads per week, is a lorrahlorrah water!

 

Now, leads me nicely onto water and my story I promised you all from yesterday. Shower gate.

 

We got a company in two years ago to fit a new shower room. Our shower room when we moved in should have been condemned.  I’m not joking it was blooming awful. Filthy and the sink had a hole in it. There was fir growing in there too. Gross and the brass fittings were all rusty. Neglect with a capital N, also the shower like our gas fire, was condemned, so a new one was needed. We picked a local company as when you can’t see, you do go for the easy option. I didn’t know the area and life was tough enough without paying a fortune for taxi’s to drive us all over the place. So this company came out. Well, to cut a huu’uu’uuge story short, they are cowboys. Two hard years down the track, I have today got them to come out and fix our shower room. Well, the shower, as for the electrics, we had to pay an independent company to do this, my friend Andy, who is also my handy man. As for the dodgy tiles? Well, they will have to wait some years, four to be precise and doubt we will be here even in four months, let alone years.

 

So three times we have had the ceiling fixed in the lounge which is below the shower room and still my shower drips all day.

 

We have had it sealed and nothing helps as the dam shower keeps leaking water. It drips all day and night; really it’s like sleeping with a Grand Father clock, ticking away.

 

So Fifi went into her business like action this week and today the men came to fix it I hope?

 

Gosh, let’s hope so anyway? I wouldn’t care; it took them only ten minutes to do. So if it works, why on earth not just do it when I first asked them eighteen months ago? I mean the lights didn’t work and my friend fixed them after weeks of our room being done. But only a plumber could do the shower, and I asked three after nothing from the small company, all three said they couldn’t fix it as they didn’t have a name on the shower to buy the part?

 

Time will tell to see if it’s fixed and if not, well, I think I will be making a rather oversized banner and one shall be singing  we shall not be moved outside their showroom door. Hahahaha.

 

Heard from my baby today. He’s fine and having a nice time. He’s back tomorrow, unless he stops off at a friend’s, but just glad to know he is enjoying life. I love him and when he’s happy, that makes me happy. I do worry tonight though, as I’m sure drinking will be involved with the person he’s with and driving back to where that person lives, will also be included in the deal.

 

 I sheered the sheep.

No, sorry, that should have read

I groomed the dogs today, wow the hair from them? Oh lovely, in the rain too. Today we have had loads of rain and thunder and lightning. Long Chops has stayed at home today, to give her a rest. She worked hard in the south with Hub he said, so today, a pampering and play with her toys; she can be a normal doggy today and not a working one, though she does love work. Really, she wags her tail in that slow motion way German Shepherds wag, in a kind of regal manner, as though to say

“OK folks. I’m in the area; just move from my shadow please?”

“Take you’re fake bake, from my space!”

Or

“Oh, really, don’t you know how important I am?”

And she is, like any guide dog. They are so important, so needed and so caring. Sadly a black curly coated retriever has gone missing in Scotland. It’s been missing for two weeks now. She is called Tess. Her owner is devastated. With now days transport, Tess could be anywhere. If someone has stolen her, I hope they are reading this? To the thief

Do you know without the guide dog, the owner is a prisoner? She can’t get out of her house for a loaf of bread, to pay her bills, to visit her friends/family. To feel the fresh air. To escape even for half an hour from her four walls which suffocate her  as even with a guide dog some blind people are trapped as we can only do the routes we have been taught. We can’t jump into a car and just drive. We have to go on a list to wait for weeks for someone to come out from Guide dogs and teach us the route over and over again until both the owner and the dog know it off by heart.

 

So much work has gone into training this dog you have. They are bred and born for one reason. To help blind people to be successful. They are successful because of hard working people 24 hours of the dogs first eighteen months training day in day out. Volunteers giving their time to work with the dogs. The dog will suffer if away from their owner, as they do stress. They know we can’t see. They worry when apart as how is their beloved owner coping without them? They live with commands. Without this routine in their lives, they will suffer. If you are a dog lover, please give back Tess? Please, as no matter how you love that dog, you are not doing her any good at all. They have to have the same food each day. A special kind of food that they have had since they were babies Also you don’t know if that dog is on some kind of medication?. Please you can hand the dog back to guide dogs, the police or the RSPCA. You can say you just found her. If you are not a dog lover and just wanted a dog for whatever reason, well firstly our dogs have all been spade and secondly, the dog may have medical reasons for medication you are unaware of? Also, you don’t know one day you may be blinded. As I keep saying, one hundred people in the UK per day start to lose their sight. It could be you sooner than you could ever wish? You don’t need to be old to be blind.

 

Be a hero and reunite Tess with her owner? Please?

No comments: